Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Zayn’s POV:

I can’t believe Maddie ran off with out telling anyone! We thought some one had took her! She can’t just run off like that, we were worried sick. What if she was hurt? One minute we are signing perfecting a song, and the next we look over to find an empty couch with nothing but Liam’s phone.

“Zayn?...” Her voice trembles. 

Her little voice sounds so desperate as I realize that tears and running down her cheeks. She clings on to me for dear life, begging to be protected. Something must have happened to make her so upset, there’s much more to the story.

I kneel down to her level with my hands wrapped around her wastes. I carefully lean her body in between my legs keeping her close to me. Her eyes plead for help, sobs escape her lips, her body needs my assistance to keep her up right.

“Baby talk to me, what happened?” My voice as if I am talking to a toddler, who needs someone to break things down to her to get it through. 

She doesn’t answer she just wraps her arms around my neck as she starts to cry those beautiful little eyes out. I rub her back, about to say something comforting but before I could she says something that completely symaltamiously melts and breaks my heart.

“I need you.” She whispers oh-so- quietly in my ear. 

That was enough to push me over the edge, my daughter finally needed me but because she was broken. 

As soon as those three words leave her mouth her body stiffens, she about to close up again. I can’t let her do that, she has to know that it’s okay to need us. 

I lift her up and wrap her around my waste. “Maddie it’s okay to need us baby girl. You don’t have to be embarrassed, we’re here for you. Come on sweetie, lets go find the boys. They are really worried about you.” My voice has never been so soft and gentle in my life. 

I have to know what happened, I have to be able to help her. I walk as fast as I can to find the boys while comforting Maddie as much as possible. 

Finally I turn the corner and see all four of them looking around frantically. 

“THANK GOD! Madison Bess do you have any idea how worried we were?!?” Liam says too sternly for her current state. 

I give them a warning look but they don’t need it. Once Maddie lifts her head from my shoulder and they take one look in her eyes, they see her pain.

Something obviously happened, there must have been a reason for her completely disappearing.

“Oh shit.” I can hear Louis mutter as they all immediately circle around us. 

“Come on baby, lets go some where we can talk.” Harry says rubbing her back.