Chapter 4

Madison’s POV:

I woke up in the comfort of being wrapped up in a warm fluffy comforter, surrounded by plumed feather pillows. Five pairs of eyes are watching my every move. Looking around in this new room of mine, the memories from yesterday came flooding back. 

Oh, yeah I forgot, I was adopted.

“Morning sunshine!” Louis said in a bright cheery voice.

I just groaned in response, sitting up to face what these boys had in store for me. 

“Whats that?” Harry questions pointing to the black leather journal till tight in my grasp.

“Uh- it just, nothing...” I said attempting to sound confident but it just back fired on me, as I pushed my secrets behind my back, out of sight. 

They all had that suspicious look on their faces, but brushed it off after a few seconds. 

“Today, my dear, we are taking you to get a whole new wardrobe!” Zayn says with stars in his eyes, as if today is going to be the best day ever.

Me not getting all excited and jumpy at the thought of a shopping spree disappointed them I think. I already had enough clothes. My pair of jeans and long sleeved shirts were all I need. 

“Umm, is it okay if I don’t go shopping?” I ask almost whispering, crossing my fingers that they except my wish of disobeying their requests. 

“Yeah sweetie, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.” Liam said trying to encourage me with one of those loving smiles. He could sense that I was scared asking not to go to mall, his fingers lightly brushed aways some lose strands of hair away from my face. I flinched away backing up from him, I could see  a flash of hurt in his eyes as I hid more into the covers. 

“Yeah, I’ll stay with you while they go shopping.” Niall willing volunteers. “No, you don’t have to do that..” I quickly say, hating the thought of being left all alone with a teenage boy.  

“Maddie, you can’t stay here alone all day, plus Niall will defiantly keep you entertained.” A protesting Harry exclaims with a chuckle. 

My body quickly tenses by the last part of his phrase. ‘He will keep you entertained’ My body silently begins to shake. So it starts today. My mind is rushed with thoughts of what he might do to me, thought after thought. I was in my own little world, trapped in the dark, unable to find any bright side. 

I felt my shoulders being shaken wildly, “MADDIE! SNAP OUT OF IT!” Louis yells with my limp body being thrown around in his arms. 

I snapped my head up, my eyes attentive, my body ceases to shake. Each of the boys look as if they are witnessing a mental patient.

“Maddie, you ok baby girl?” Harry ask while Louis fold his arms around my lifeless body, pulling me into his embrace.