"Ok will do."

"And I am sending him a kiss," I said blowing it to him.

Stan gave me the 'no way' look and shook his head.

"Tell him I am cuddling Arthur and won't let go," I said giving Arthur a squeeze. "I'm determined to get better and cuddle him to pieces too."

"And I am going to make sure she does," Arthur added.

"Right I am going before you give me anymore to say," Stan said and headed off.

I lay with Arthur for most of the day as he pushed a bed next to mine and had a nap with me. It was very noisy wherever we were.

I was not allowed to eat as they were feeding me through a drip. I was allowed to drink a few mouthfuls of a cup of tea and Arthur stayed with me whilst they scanned my abdomen to check my bowel for obstructions.

"They are saying it is a twisted bowel. You can't eat as every time you eat you are sick again," Arthur said and went on to explain in greater detail what they thought was wrong.

Over the next few days I was fed through the drip to build me up. I was allowed some milkshake drinks to help with my vitamins and this morning I was allowed half a piece of toast and a full cup of tea. I even ate two mouthfuls of Arthurs porridge and would have had more but he wouldn't let me. It was heaven.

Stan arrived back sooner than I expected and said I looked better.

"Have you got anything for me?" I asked looking for another letter.

"A new book," he said passing me a hardback book.

I tried not to sulk, he laughed at my expression before walking off and Arthur followed to give him an update.

I opened the book and gasped as I realised there was a letter inside and a press cutting. It was a picture of Edward wearing his full Prince military gear. He looked so sad, close to tears but determined to do his duty. I stared at it before reading the article. "The Prince is visibly distressed at the absence of his fiancée whilst attending..." it was heartbreaking to read. To see his face and wish I could be with him.

I opened the letter.

"I'm glad to hear you are cuddling Arthur but sad to hear you are so unwell. I couldn't stay away any longer so if you call my name..."

I re-read the letter.

I looked towards the door but the curtain was in the way... always a drawn curtain.

"Edward?" I called unsure of what I was reading or saying. "Edward!" I called louder and held my breath in anticipation.

I heard footsteps... I knew that walk... ahhhhhh!

"You are the slowest reader on the planet," Edward said as he appeared at the foot of the bed.

I stared, mouth open in shock. It was only as he walked over towards me that I snapped out of it the same way I had with Arthur. Instead of flinging my arms around him, I reached out to touch his face as he leant forwards to kiss me. One kiss turned into several as I stared at his face in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" I asked worried.

"I had to see you. This is the safest place and you are unwell," he said stroking my hair out of my face so he could see me better.

"But it is dangerous... wait are they letting you here because I am dying?" I asked as the thought struck me cold.

"What?" he seemed just as horrified as I was by the thought. "You are not dying. I came because I am allowed and I miss you. I wanted to see you. I needed to see you."