The Mage Chap 23

"Over fatigue. It was lack of sleep, lack of nutrition. It looks like he is not eating properly. What's going on, James? What's going on with my nephew?"

I can hear William.

"It's all my fault. I cause this." James?

"I got mad at him. I was so frustrated with all the dangerous things that kept on happening to him. I got so afraid he'll get hurt and disappear again... H-he won't listen to me so I got mad and ignored him. I wanted him to understand where I'm coming from...but this happened. Will.. What should I do? This is all my fault."

"James what the hell are you saying? You know Lucas had been acting strange since yesterday. Don't blame it all to your self." Katherine's here too.

"I don't understand what's going on, even the Guardians are here. Why aren't you with your master? Lynx right? You're new. Why're you separating your self from your master. Shouldn't you both be stuck to him like glue?"

"Lucas wishes to be left alone for today. We'll return to his side tonight as he requested. He is under so much distress. He has deep concerns regarding several matters. Not just with you James." Lynx said.

"You knew something?" James asked, his voice sounding quiet and shaky.

"No. Master has kept quiet maybe that's why he was too overwhelmed and he collapsed."

I can hear them talking but I couldn't understand their words. I just wanted to sleep and rest and I'll take this opportunity and allow my self just that.

*********

It felt like only few moments when I finally woke up but it was already so dark outside.

"Lucas!!" I cursed when Sig just suddenly jump onto me. Literally jump on me on my bed.

"What the fuck is your problem you--ugh." I coughed. My voice is so horsed and my mouth was too dry to my liking. When I wanted to push Sig off me, my hands fell on my side. Holy-! I can't move.

"Don't move, William! William!!"
I look around and saw Lynx frozen next to my bed. He looks like he'll sob any moment. What the fuck? Even Lynx?

I flinched when the door slammed open, hitting the wall so loudly, I almost peed my pants at the shock.

"Baby!" I grunted as Katherine fell on me. Hugging me so tight, I almost choke.

"Baby.. Lucas.. Lucas." She chanted my name like a mantra. What's wrong?

"Mom? Are you alright?" I look up at everyone. What the fuck happened?

"Somebody needs to explain. Now." I said firmly and pushed Katherine off me before she choke me to death. Pushing her was hard as well. My arms felt like noodles.

"I said Now!" I screamed and everyone flinched even Lynx. I look up at Sig when he grab my hand and that's when I noticed. . my hands. I pulled it off Sig's hold and stared at it. My hands were so thin. I can see my bones and nothing but skin over it.

"Wha.." I felt my throat horse and dry once again.

"Master, water." I look at the cup of water, Lynx was holding and drunk it in one go. Boy, was I thirsty.

"What happened? H-How long was I asleep? It's just one night right? Right, Mom?" I look up at her and the breathe caught in my throat. Her hair..

She has white hair. I lifted my bony hand and felt her cheek. She has aged. The beautiful woman that looks so young before was wrinkled now.