The Mage Chap 13

Weeks seemed so long yet it gone by so fast. I feel weird without using any magic that is even over level 2. I needed the energy before the fifth week. That would be my time where I will find my self  running away like a coward that I was. I refused to accept that I deserve something that I never had before.

Happiness.

"Sig!" I run in the restaurant grinning like an idiot. I pass Katherine who giggled when I circle around her jumping in the kitchen with Sig on high alert having me jump in his arms when he catch me before I even step in the tiled kitchen floor.

"C'mon! James got me tickets to the amusement park! Roller coaster! Roller coaster that spins five times! Lets go! Come on!" Sig laughed at my enthusiasm and spun me around before he set me down on my feet.

"Okay. I'll just clean up and--"

"No Sig. Just go with him and enjoy." I grin at Katherine and hug her. She looked surprised but she squeeze me in a bear hug. I laughed and she join me.

"Thank you so much Katherine." I smiled at her making her smile fade. Did she noticed?

"C'mon Sig!" I grab his hand and run off with him. Taking my last glance at Katherine. Her green eyes were wide and teary.

"Lu--" before she could spoke I teleported us in the theme park as we jump out of the door.

"Fucking hell this is so amazing!" I jump with excitement blocking Sig's confused look on why I needed to teleport here so fast.

We got to so many rides and I screamed so much I almost lost my voice but Sig just seemed to enjoy the ride when he seen me laughing and smiling all the time we were there. We ate so much snack I had to wonder how I didn't barf them when we went back to the roller coaster for the third time. There was an arcade there as well and spend 3 hours playing car race, motor race, basketball, guitar hero and air hockey, I didn't even know what other games we did till I was so worn out we needed to rest for a whole hour.

"I'm so exhausted. Did you have fun?" I grin at Sig who was smiling so at peace at me.

"I did. It was so much more of that. I don't think 'fun' is the only way to describe such day, Lucas."

"It was the happiest I had been as well Sig and it was the most selfish way I had been." His face fell into a confused look. I wanted him to smile always and still do what he enjoys.

"What do you mean?" I smiled at him and lit a cigarette but he took it. I sighed and snatch it back.

"Don't. I need this. Just one Sig." I inhaled the smoke making my throat scratchy and I let my self cough.

"It's not healthy!" Sig glared at the cigar between my lips and I smirk at him.

"Let me tell you this." I pointed at the cotton candy stand near the booths and Sig eyed it for a second then resume glaring at my cigar.

"Get me one of those and I will throw away my cigars and try to never smoke again" I grin with the cigar between my teeth. He sighed and stood up.

"I will get you anything you want just don't smoke again." He walk away and I watch his back as he walk away. I stood still eyeing Sig. When he walked a bit farther I started chanting without any audible words. Even Sig can't hear my words. Level 10 spells take up almost all my energy. Spirit energy so says in the book so I never tried them but now I am. Sig felt the force of the magic spell and he spun with wide eyes staring directly at mine but he was too late. The wind blew hard. I can hear people squeal, holding onto things to kept them balance.

"Lucas!!!" Sig tried to teleport but he couldn't so he run towards me.

"I'm sorry Sig.."

I closed my eyes and clench my fists.

"Move. Listen.." I breathed out. "..Obey.. You.. are now free.. Mountain Guardian."

He reach out screaming out my name but his hands and arms passed through me like I was a ghost. My body was fading for one teleporting spell. Only I can go..

"Go back to Katherine and James. Please.. Cook. Do anything you love. You are free now and no one will own you now."

"No-no-no!!! No!!! Lucas!!! Master!! Please!!!" He tried to grab me but he was just passing through my fading figure.

"Thank you for everything Sig. Thank you so much." I closed my eyes.. I will not cry.. but.. I can't stop my self now. Even the tear that escape my eyes.

"Goodbye.."

"No!!!!! Lucas!!!!"