The Mage Chap 18

When I open my eyes tears were falling down..

I don't know what is this feeling. In my chest felt heavy. It felt cold and hollow. I don't like it.

"Lucas?" Sig's golden eyes looked worried. His long silver hair tickled my cheeks as he eyed me only inches away. I push his shoulders, sitting up on the bed. Knowing Sig healed me up. That spell did that too huh.. I wonder what more can those level 10 spells do? One of them might really kill me if I use them. Sighing, I stared up at the closed door and then at Sig.

"They are outside that door?" I ask Sig who nods slowly.

"Lay down Lucas. You are still recovering." I shook my head and lean my forehead at his shoulder.

"I don't like this feeling."

"What's wrong?"

"I dreamt about them.. Katherine.. and James."

"It is the one that is bothering you?"

"Weirdly.. I. I wanted too.. I wanted to go back and tell them.. w-who I am.. I.. I don't want to leave.. I, Sig.. I wanted to stay with them.. Katherine is my mom.. she's my real mother.. J-James.. he's my.." the lump in my throat made me pause and made me broke into a struggled sob. ".. my Dad.." My voice came out quiet but tight.

"He was so broken because of me, Sig! Why is..! Why is that everyone I care about ends up hurting because of me?! What did I do wrong?! Why can't I just be.. happy?"

I grip onto Sig's shirt with shaking hands.

"Lucas.. son.." my breath caught in my throat and I froze when I heard James' voice.

"Son--"

"Don't come near me!" I yelled out. "Please.. I can't.. I can't do this.. it hurts! It hurts.. Y-you'll just leave me too.. I'll only disappoint you.."

"Lucas hear me out! Please son!"

"You're not my Dad!" I choke on a sob, my eyes widen. I was more surprise on what I said more than James was.

"Sorry.." James voice was almost silent. I slowly lift my head and I saw Sig's pained eyes. His face was emotionless but his eyes were pooled with tears. He was in pain because of me as well. I slowly look up at James and I find it hard to breathe.. just because of how he looks at me. I was panting as I watch his hands tremble and clench up tightly.

"K-Kathy, she's wanting to see you. I-I hope you can let her." His voice was shaking.

"I.. I just remembered something.. before.." his tears, he wasn't even hiding them.

".. when.. you.." he shakes his head and look down on the floor then back at me. His eyes were dark.. not even as blue as before. They look dead. Those eyes were the one I saw.. in that dream.. the day he held his dead baby in his arms.

"When my son died.. I saw something by the woods.. it was a kid right around my age.. he was transparent and ghost like.. he saved me that day. I remember it clearly because if not for him.. I might've.." I was panting so hard and I felt Sig held my shoulders tight ..

"Lucas" he calls ouy but I shake my head at him.

"He called me.. Dad.. I thought I was dreaming but I felt him. I hugged him. He was real. Then I held onto his words.. that we'll meet again. Someday.. hopefully.. someday.. but I guess.. I waited for nothing. Nothing can bring the dead back to life.. even spells.. not even magic." He smiles but it didn't felt right. How can he smile when he is hurting so much?!

"S-stop it!"

"I'm sorry.. I should go.." He lifted his shaking hand to comb back his messed up hair. He smiled again.. that forced and dead smile.. it was so cold I couldn't even look at it. He turn to his heal and walk slowly towards the door.