The Mage Chap 22

(I just wrote whatever is in my head so bear with it please. The events here are crucial for the next chapter. Read carefully. )

"Lucas.. son.." James?

"Let him rest, James." Katherine...

"That fox." I can feel Lynx in my arms. He was so small I hope I didn't squish him.

"It was the one that cast that black magic on him." James sounded as angry as Sig.

"Yes, but look at him. Lucas won't let him go. Even Sig let it be."

"Sig said Lucas ordered him to not hurt the fox but Lucas can't order me."

"James!"

"Dad... no.." I hugged Lynx more and James froze. He was about to grab Lynx but he stopped.

"Lucas he hurt you... he tried to kill you for heavens sake!"

"No.." I shook my head and covered us with the duvet. Sig moved behind me and scootch closer to me.

"Lucas.. Tsk."

"James let it be."

*******

When I woke up it's already 5pm. I slept for almost the whole day.

"Hey.. How are you feeling?" Katherine's smile was too bright for my tired eyes.

"Hmm.."

"You're Dad's sulking.." She sat on my bed and stroke my hair. Then she feels my forehead.

"Your fever's gone down." I sat up and she eyed the fox that jump on my lap.

"Sweetheart. That fox.."

"Lynx." I corrected her.

"Right.."

I sighed and eyed her.

"Mom." She eyed me and smiled. She fixed my bed hair and looked at me with so much longing. She does that sometimes. I.. well I for one am not used to parents affection. So I don't know how to react. How I will react as their son.

"I'm sorry for disappearing like that. It's just I got.. side tracked." I eyed Lynx on my lap and then Sig who's in human form behind us. He was sitting, his back facing us.

"It's alright. Well I did almost call the police since you disappeared in the middle of the night and was gone for almost a day. Yeah.. but it's alright." I rolled my eyes and she just smiled.

"Where's Dad?"

"I told you. He's sulking." She sighed. "Would you.. would you talk with him, Hun?" I nod and kiss her cheek.

"Thanks mom." She smiled again and nodded.

"Master Lucas." Lynx jump off my arms and transformed into his human form.

"I got you in trouble. I apologize for that."

"It's okay, Lynx." I look behind me and saw Sig standing there.

"Go talk with him. He won't hurt you."

"Master, even if he does, I deserve it." I shook my head.

"No, Lynx. If he hurts you, I won't forgive him. He knows it. Just talk." I walk pass him and went out to the back yard. Dad was there. He was by the pool, sitting at the edge with his feet dipping in the water. He's even drinking beer. Huh. I grab the other can next to him. Open it and drink it.

"Son.."

"Hey, Dad." I sat next to him and offered him my can. He just stared at it for awhile then he hit his can with mine. We drank at the same time and I just had to laugh at this scene.