The Mage Chap 20

"Phew!" Sig teleported us out of that place.

"Are you okay?" I look up at him and his golden eyes was exactly like that other guardian. I sighed and step back from him. His hands instantly trying to pull me back.

"No, Sig. Answer me first. Who is that forest Guardian?" He let me go and his expression remain impassive.

"There are only few Guardians in this world so of course I know him. I don"t know why he's here. What I know is that he can't be summoned." He reach his hand again and I back away, flinching when I hit something. I look behind me and James' worried look was hilarious.. that's quite a face.

"Lucas.."

"James give him to me and I'll heal him. The Forest Guardian used Black Magic to drain his spirit. Give him to me now!" I look down at my hands.. They were filled with dirt? W-what is.. It's not dirt.. my skin is turning black!

"What.. What the fuck is this?!" Sig grab my arms and he wrapped his strongs arms around me. I screamed when I felt cold water splash over us. What the?! Did Sig just threw us in the pond?!

"Get off! You dumb dog!" I coughed and struggled off his grip but he wont let me go. That's when I notice his skin was glowing. I sat up and stilled. Watching the clear water slowly tainted with black, oily like goo. I watch my hands as the black stuff wash off. I coughed again.

"Yuck! That smells bad.." I covered my mouth when I felt like throwing up.

"Mm!" Sig was taking off my hands.

"Let it out!" He yelled then I watch James jump in the pond and grab my hands.

"Let go!" He yelled as he pulled my hands off my mouth. I vomitted something horrible... It was black goo.. it smelled horrible making me almost faint.

"Stay awake Lucas! Let it all out. C'mon, son." I grip onto James arm and threw up again.. I couldn't take it no more.. I almost passed out but when Sig cup my drench cheek. I was able to open my eyes.

"S-Sig.." I was panting and Sig was still healing me.

"I was able to get most of it out. But I need another purification spell. Now, James." James nodded and Sig stood, carrying me like I weighted nothing.

"I'll teleport us back to my house." James said and the next thing I know I was under water.

What?! I sat up and caughed.

"Holy--Are you trying to fucking kill me?!" I caughed again and saw Sig glaring at me. I was in a bath tub I eyed the water. It was dark.. Sig pulled the drain and let the dark water ooze out my skin. He replug the tub and turn on the fauset making me shiver as the water poured against my naked body.

"D-Dad?" James was chanting something. He was reading a familiar book. It was a book of high level purification spells. He was glaring at it like it'll burn any second. He wasn't even blinking. Then Sig joined him. He chanted as well. I shivered again and felt the last drop of black goo fell like blood out my nose. I coughed again and the black goo came out of my mouth and onto my palm. I can feel my own spirit.. it was running low. Too low. I feel so weak and it doesn't actually felt great.

"It's all out.." I said and fuck am I shiverring like a wet chihuahua. It hurts.. my body hurts. My head, my skin, my bones.. everything hurts.

"It's gone! Enough! Please.." They still finished the last repeat of that spell.. then the water turned off. Sig quickly scooped me off and the warmth I felt quickly made my trembling go away.

"Son.." James wrapped some warm towel around me and I smiled weakly at him.

"Thanks.." I know that look.. He wanted to ask what happened but he stopped hisself.