"You're letting me drink, huh? I remember before you've gone berserk when I've gone too drunk."

"It's just one can. It's fine."

"Drinking is fine? So you are sulking." I snickered and he just stared at the pool.

"How did you get that idea by just that?"

"You know Dad?" The can froze against his lips and he drop it back on his lap.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I worried you and mom. I always do that."

I wonder why, he seemed so quiet. I don't know what to do now but when it is me who wanted to stay quiet that means I need time. Maybe it's like that for him too. So I just sat with him, drinking some beer and waited for him to talk.

"When you.." here goes. "When you disappeared last night son. I don't know what to feel. It's like when.." He paused and drink his beer again.

"It's like when you were born. When you...  disappeared..." Me? Right.. the me from before.. their kid.

"That's not me Dad." James eyed me then he snickers a bit. After that he just drink the whole can of beer in one go.

"Right.. yes of course.." he muttered.

"That's not me. I might be the reincarnation of your son. Same spirit. Same life but I was not the one who was born as your biological son. Remember that..." I drank the can and left it next to him.

"Remember that, James." I stood and left him there. I don't know how to feel about this memory we revisited. It's something that made me realize that I'm not really sure who I am and who I want to be. But this I am sure.. in reality.. I'm not really their biological child..

I might be too harsh. Might be too cruel but he needs to hear it. He needs to realize it. I am not the baby that died in his arms. That's the reality.. that we all need to accept.

I'm sorry James..

********

While I knew Sig was talking with Lynx, I snuck out the house. I was too tired this past few days but I couldn't rest in that house. Might as well take a walk and return to something I was at least familiar with.

"Hey, Lucas! My man long time no see!" I fist bump Mike who was my drinking buddy in a bar. He always stays here since his brother owns the place.

"Do you have a light?" He smirks and handed me one box of Cigarettes. Ah. Bliss to go back to old habits. Since I was taken in by James and Katherine I was not allowed to smoke. Sure its hard to quit so I snuck some and smoke a few but not like this. A box of this is nothing to me before. But now it's like I won the lottery.

"Thanks. Mind if I grab one can of beer? I can't stay long."

"Man, what? You just got here!"

"I really can't Mike. I've got school again so I need to do some home works."

"What really? Good for you bro. But still stay for a while. Tell me all about school. I thought you dropped out."

"I didn't, stupid. My..." Right Rachel made me do it. "Rachel made me."

"You're Mom. Right..." My mom huh? Maybe.

So me and Mike just talk about anything. He asks, I answer simple as that. When it was over. I smelt of cigarette and alcohol. Ah. Really this is nostalgic. Brings back the days that I almost lived in the bar. And it also makes me wonder if I didn't summon Sig. Will all of this happen to me? Will James even see me without a mountain guardian tailing me? Will Katherine pursue me in her restaurant without Sig? She won't even know I was a Mage if not.