Epilogue

--

"Dad! Look what I painted today! It's you and daddy!" Exclaimed my four year old daughter,Phoebe. She handed me a picture and I looked at the stick figures of our family and it made me smile proudly.

"I love it Phoebe! I'll hang it on the fridge when we get back home."

It had been ten years since Phil died. Eight years since I left the mental hospital and two years since I got married and got settled and had a kid.

I have never moved on and remembering Phil was still painful. But it was the best thing I have ever experienced.

I married Frank,who was a guy I met in the mental hospital. He was a patient also and we both helped each other get over some painful experiences. Frank was near perfect. He had dyed jet black hair and hazel eyes and a beautiful charming smile. We adopted Phoebe and we were both near happy.

Frank really respected Phil and we went every weekend to his grave,and I would tell him about Phil's antics and we would laugh. Then I'd cry and he would hold me,telling me it was okay.

Phil affected me so much in my life and I would never forget all he had done for me. He was the best thing I ever had and he taught me to be happy.

All those years ago,I felt suicidal when he died. I was so close to killing myself but I knew that he would be disappointed in me. So I began living and took chances.

It was weird,falling for Frank but it happened and I was scared. Scared that if I got over Phil,it meant that I didn't care. But I took chances.

So now I had a beautiful family that I care about,a nice house and a good job. I work at the hospital,as a clinical psychologist,helping people overcome their troubles. Phil would be so proud of me.

He was was watching over me. I knew it.

"Um dad we're here! You've been looking at the door for ages!" My gorgeous daughter pouted. I apologised,kissed her cheek and opened the door,stepping inside the house. The smell of my husband's cooking engulfed my senses and he rushed over to greet us,kissing Phoebe on the forehead and giving me a light kiss on the cheek. We closed the front door and went about our daily routines.

Phil I love you so much and thank you for everything. Your love made me feel stronger and I feel happier now. It is all because of you I achieved this much so thank you.

Everyone deserves someone to love and someone to love them. It is crucial in living. Someone out there will love you someday,you just don't know it yet. Someone could change you for better of for worse.

Phil,you changed me for the better.

Fin

I'm fucking crying holy shit