Carpe Diem

Spoiler:
Smut alert ;) I didn't feel awkward while writing this idk why k enjoy. I'm sorry this is super late. I hope this makes up for it before the angst hits ;) AND MY AWESOME FRIEND, ARYL AKA PhlamboyentPhan  gave me the motivation to write this :) so hi Aryl by Aryl.
--
Carpe Diem: Latin. seize the day; enjoy the present, as opposed to placing all hope in the future.
---
5 new text messages

I'm waiting for you.

Deadline is the 1 of January.

Danny it's November,I'm giving you a lot of time.

Don't tell anybody. There will be serious consequences.

I know who you hold most dearest to you.

I gulped and slipped my phone shakily in my pocket. To say I was scared was an underestimate. I was utterly terrified. It was obviously Robert who was sending the threats. I found it hard to believe that we would just pay him and he would leave. That was why I didn't want to go and pay him. I should have told Phil but I was oh so afraid.

For the past few days,I have been distracting myself with things like spending time with Phil,going to work and surfing the web. I didn't want Phil to know how miserable I really was. Then at night,I'd stay up,doing some deep thinking. And then the cycle repeats. I wanted to tell Phil about the texts,I really wanted to but I was scared of the last message that Robert sent: I know who you hold dearest to you.

Phil. It had to be him. Robert knew of my past and how my parents were hell , I haven't even talked to my parents since I was eighteen and no one that really cared about me except for Chris.Robert was bound to attack Phil. He would target Phil. I hoped I was wrong,though. Why would he target Phil? He had done nothing wrong. Nothing.

I ran my hand through my hair and walked into the lounge,seeing Phil in a browsing position on the couch. I smiled at him. He looked so good with his black hair in a quiff,glasses lopsided and tongue poking out from the side of his mouth. I debated whether I should tell him about the texts or not. I decided not to after a while and plopped beside him on the couch.

"Hi," I mumbled,burying my head on his shoulder.

"Hey you," He said pleasantly and kissed me on the head. I could see from his video screen that he was editing a video. Nothing was said;we didn't need to say anything. We just simply enjoyed each other's company. My head was loaded with negative thoughts but everything was forgotten as I sat next to Phil. Cheesy,but true. It was amazing how one person could make your life better despite all the crap that was going on. How one person could change your whole perspective on life.

It took ages to find you and what felt like seconds to lose you.

---- (few weeks time skip lmao)

I slumped back home after work one evening,tired and feeling shitty. I had hardly slept in the past two weeks and as usual,my head kept on overthinking.

I had spent the past few weeks saving for taking Phil out somewhere. I felt like I didn't give him anything at all in return that what he did for me. So I made reservations a fancy Italian restaurant that was affordable. I had planned on a French restaurant officially,but the closest one nearly made me faint with the ridiculous prices.

We were going at half six that day. I had told Phil before I left to work in the morning and he agreed,his face bearing that gorgeous crooked smile that could brighten up anyone's day.

I fished out my keys from my pockets and unlocked the door to the flat.

"I'm home!" I exclaimed,dragging the 'o'. Phil came to the door and we embraced.