My Way Home is Through You

A/N:I'd like to thank everyone reading this fic. 700+ reads! Wow just wow. The comments that I've read are making me feel so motivated. I've honestly always been so skeptical about what I write and I always scrap ideas. But seeing that a few people like this brings me joy. Thank you so much.
Enjoy,
Miriam.
Btw I linked this song because I'm so obsessed with it and it has been stuck in my head. If anyone here listens to Evanescence please chat me lmao.
***

"I'm home!" I announced. I was home from another long day at the music shop. Phil and I have been in a relationship for two days and honestly,he has been amazing. No one had cared about me like this in ages.

I heard Phil's footsteps come closer as I took off my shoes.

"Hey,you," Phil mumbled,appearing in the hallway. His glasses were askew and he was wearing pyjamas. He had been editing a video for the whole day. He was at ten thousand plus subscribers so he usually uploaded for them. I admired his work and motivation and how he devoted time for his passion. It was lovely to see.

I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

"How has editing been?" I asked,pulling away and shot him a glowing smile.

"It's been good. I finished the video right before you came,so it's uploading now." He informed me and I nodded.
"Can't wait to watch it!" I said and he grinned and kissed my cheek lightly.
I offered to cook dinner for today and Phil agreed. I was going to make Mexican chicken wraps.

I quickly got dressed into comfortable clothing and went to the kitchen to start preparing dinner. I fried chicken with veggies and added the sauce. I stirred and stirred until it was ready. I needed to heat the bread up so I popped it in the toaster,tapping the counter while waiting. I felt a pair of arms wrap behind me and I smiled and leaned into Phil.

"It's ready." I told him,hearing the toaster pop. Phil pulled away from me so I could get the bread and start making the wraps.

"It looks delicious,Dan." He commented,pulling out plates. I smiled at the compliment and grabbed two cans of coke out of the fridge.

"Shall we eat in the lounge?" Phil asked,taking the plates which contained the food. I nodded and took the drinks and followed Phil into the lounge.

We set the stuff down on the coffee table and Phil turned the TV on which was showing a house renovation programme. Phil's favourite. I grinned and we began to tuck in.

About ten minutes later,we were fed and watered. I leaned back on the couch and sighed happily. Phil looked at me and began to speak.

"Dan,we need to talk about how we're gunna pay Robert." He spat out his name venomously. I took a sharp intake of breath and faced Phil. Honestly,I felt terrible that I threw this upon him. I decided to tell him so.

"Phil I'm so sorry I dumped this on you. Before I came into your life you were probably much happier and then the druggie comes in and ruins everything and I'm so sorry I ruined your life and now you're paying for the mess I put myself in and it's not fair on you." I rambled. Phil sighed and grabbed my hands.

"Dan,why do you think like that? You didn't ruin my life sweetheart,you made it better. Yes,you have gotten yourself in a mess,but Dan,what could you do? You don't have the money,and he isn't going to give up if we don't pay him. I have the money,so I'll give it. I know it's not something I've ever wanted to pay for but I have to help you. And if you ruined my life,why am I here right now? Why am I holding you instead of running away?" He hugged me close and kissed the top of my head.

I guessed he was right in a way but I couldn't shake the feeling away. I stood up and gathered the plates and the empty cans. I made my way to the kitchen and washed the dishes and put them on the drying rack. I wiped the counter and closed the cupboards that Phil left open. I left the kitchen after turning off the lights and walked back into the lounge to find Phil stood up. He yawned and smiled at me.

"Should we go sleep? I'm tired." He stated and I agreed and we went to my room to catch those z's.

***

I was awoken by Phil,who was stroking my hair. I sighed happily and slowly opened my eyes and smiled lightly at Phil.

"Mornin'" I said huskily and yawned. I kissed his cheek making him pout cutely. He reminded me of a child sometimes.

"You kissed the wrong spot Daniel." Phil stated,and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not kissing you with morning breath,Philly," I said as a matter of fact.
"I honestly don't care."  How cliché Phil.
"We both smell like trash it won't be pleasant," I grinned and he grabbed my hand and sat us both up.

"Then let's go brush our teeth" Phil said and he ran out of the room with me in tow. We went into the bathroom and Phil gave me my toothbrush and I put some toothpaste on,lathered it with water and began brushing. After that I looked at Phil and we both suddenly laughed.

"Now you taste nice and minty so c'mere," I opened my arms and Phil wrapped his arms around my waist and I cupped his cheeks. We kissed and it felt like heaven. There was heat between us,radiating,making us glow.

I found my home. And it was Phil.

Idk was that cheesy? Lmao