I Love You Phil

Shock. That was the only feeling I felt. Pure shock. As the gunshot rang through the apartment,I felt so detached from everything. I watched my beautiful love crumple on the floor and I was screaming and crying. The police and ambulance came not long after;someone from below heard all the chaos. When Patrick and Robert were taken away,I hurried next to my boyfriend and cried my eyes out,kissing his face and muttering 'I love yous' to him.

Phil I really did love you. I still do,in fact.

He looked at me one more time,his beautiful bluey-green eyes staring at my soul.

"I l-l-ove you t...." He muttered before drifting away,leaving me to face the big bad world alone.

I remembered the screaming.The begging. The crying. I stayed by his side all night during the hospital and the nurses had to get an extra bed for me,in the room,so they could treat my wounds and I could stare at him.

Phil died on December 23rd at four am. We didn't even get to spend Christmas together.
His funeral was on a miserable day,as if they weather was mourning for the loss of Phil. I would talk about the funeral,but most of it went in a blur of sobs and wails mainly from me.

I realised how much Phil had actually contributed to my life.

He made me smile.
He made me feel loved.
He made me feel like the world wasn't so cruel sometimes.
He gave me a home.
He was my home.

When he was gone,I had lost everything. Life lost its meaning.

Phil was such a ray of sunshine. I was stuck in a tunnel,a dark one ,but he showed me the light. Everyone deserves someone who makes them feel happy and joyous.

I will never forget you Phil.