Looking Up

A/N: Lol catch the Harry Potter quote.
This is kind of a filler chapter,really.
-Miriamxx

Stephen was happy to see me leave when I told him that I would be staying with a friend of mine. I just had to sign some papers and that was it. I'd be moving out tomorrow afternoon. I was going to be paying half the rent which was really helpful as to paying the whole deal myself,like I had done in this flat.Phil was amazing for doing all this in the extremely short space I knew him.

I started packing my stuff. I had two small suitcases at the back of my wardrobe. I opened one of them and stuffed my clothes,my many tattered shoes,bed sheets and some other bits and bobs. I then opened the other suitcase and put in my books,films and record albums. That was it. I didn't have anything else. Nothing else was mine. The TV was in the flat originally. As was the rest of the furniture. I placed the suitcases beside the door and went to make myself a snack. I made a cheese sandwich and some tea.
I ate and drank slowly,mulling over the events that happened earlier with Phil.
Why had I told him all that? I never,EVER trusted people. I've been hurt too much. There was something different about Phil,though. I hoped that we would get along. I hoped he wouldn't leave me. I hoped he'd be that one person.

The rest of the day was really uneventful. I just lazed around,enjoying my last day in my flat. I knew it wasn't much,but it was home. A roof on my head. I hoped Phil's flat would have a 'homey' feel to it. I needed something like that.

*********
The next morning (eleven a.m.), I ate a quick breakfast and double checked that I had everything. I was dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a random black shirt with a jacket shrugged over it.

Phil was on his way,according to a text from him. I waited patiently until I heard the buzzer go off.
I sighed,looked around the flat for one more time and made sure I wasn't missing anything. I wasn't.
I grabbed the key and my bags and left,closing the door behind me. I left the key under the mat,just like Stephen had told me.
I pulled my suitcases behind me and pressed the lift button. The doors opened instantly and I walked in,pressing the 'G' for ground floor. When the doors opened again, I stepped out and saw Phil at the door,his signature smile lightning up the whole world. I thought that it was surreal for someone to be smiling 24/7 like that. It was admirable,too. I pulled open the doors of the main entrance,and greeted Phil.

"Hey Phil! Thanks again,for doing this,you have no idea how much this means to me."
He shook his head,grinning at me like a Cheshire Cat.

"Dan,seriously,it's no problem,I needed a flat mate anyways," He answered and he took one of my bags,which I thanked him for silently. He had parked his car a bit further away from the apartment complex,so we walked for two minutes. Phil's car was a grey Toyota,which was cool. He opened the boot if the car and we put the bags in it,closing it shut. I sat in the passenger's seat and he obviously drove.

The drive from my old flat to the new one was about half an hour. It was sort of closer to work so it was really handy.
Phil parked his car in the car park of the apartment complex. We got out of the car,him taking one of my bags and I took the other.

"Hey, d'you want to go get food before you start unpacking? I'll give you a tour of your new home and then we'll leave?" Phil asked,getting his apartment keys out of his jeans pocket.

"Sounds good!" I said,smiling lightly. Phil put the key into the keyhole of the main exit. He let me in first,being a gentleman.

He turned the keys into the flat itself and I stepped inside,smiling gratefully at his pale face.
"I'll show you around and then we'll get food and then I'll let you settle down," Phil told me,and he led me to my bedroom,to drop the bags in. My bedroom was a medium sized room which I liked a lot. There was a double bed in the middle and two chest drawers on either side. In addition,there was a piano in the room. Just the sight of the instrument made my heart flutter. The nostalgia hit me like a truck. I used to play piano back when things were good. Back when I thought everything was going to be okay.

I shook my head,getting rid of the dark thoughts that were starting to creep up on me. I turned to look at Phil.
"I really like it,Phil. Thank you so much for letting me stay,I could have been on the streets if you weren't there." I said,feeling a wave of emotion towards Phil. He was such an amazing person. He hardly knew me but he took me in.

Phil shook his head,chuckling. "Seriously,I'm glad I helped!" He said.
He showed me around the flat. There were three stories in the flat,and so many stairs. It was a very modernised looking flat. Phil had all his nerdy stuff cluttering up the lounge and the 'study' room,to which I couldn't complain because I was a massive nerd myself. Overall,it was a really nice flat and I was happy with it. And Phil was a great person so far.

Phil and I wanted to get food,and he knew a place that apparently made 'delicious' food,according to him,so we walked to it.
"Oh yeah,I'm paying,it's my treat." Phil said,grinning that damn grin again.

"Fine for this time only." I said,and gave Phil a crooked smile.
We walked into a nice looking Italian restaurant. We sat near the window in the back and a few minutes later,a waiter came to take give us menus. I peered inside the menu. Everything seemed so tasty! I decided on a slice of lasagne. Just the name of the food made my mouth water.

A few minutes later,the waiter arrived with a pen and a small notebook in his hand. Phil and I took our orders,with a drink of coke and the waiter told us that it would be a few minutes.

"So Dan,where do you come from?" Phil asked,his bluey-green eyes staring into mine. He had such an intense stare that would probably make someone recoil slightly. I however,loved his eyes. They were so intriguing and the colour kept on changing. Unlike my boring brown ones.

"I'm from here,from London," I said. "What about you?" I asked.
"I'm from Manchester. I moved here two years ago."
So that was where his accent was from. The north. I smiled lightly and we talked a bit about the restaurant and how nice the setting was. The food came a few minutes later. We tucked in straight away.

The food was absolutely wonderful. Every bite made me feel like I was in heaven.
When we finished, we walked back to the flat, making mindless chatter.

When we arrived to our apartment, I informed Phil that I was going to be unpacking my stuff and that I'd come out later to hang out with him in the lounge. He smiled and left me to it.

I unpacked all my clothes and hung them up in the wardrobe. I didn't have much stuff in it, I had to buy new clothes soon. I then put up my books,lining them up in alphabetical order. It was just the books that had to be that way,the rest of my stuff was just put in random places. Phil had already put a bedspread on the bed so I didn't need to use mine. I felt like he knew me,seeing as he put a grey and black checkered bed.

I tidied away the rest of the stuff and placed the bags under the bed. I changed my clothes to a pair of black tracksuit bottoms and a long sleeved black shirt. So much darn black. I looked around my room a bit,taking it all in. This place felt really welcome,in general. I could tell that I was going to enjoy living here. Then I wondered,what would it be like if Phil hadn't come into the music shop? Where would I be now? In some crappy,sickness-infested hostel? Or maybe the streets? I felt kind of useless really. We only knew each other for three days and he had changed my future,whilst I did nothing for him. I didn't know what to do,though.

I walked towards the gorgeous,sleek piano and opened the lid. I hadn't played in ages,and by that I meant at least five years. I wondered if I remembered anything. My hands fluttered over the keys,and I just started playing. It sounded rather terrible at the beginning but then I remembered the tune and I just played my heart out. The tune brought back a lot of memories but I blocked them out. I didn't know how long it was that I played but then my fingers started to ache slightly so I stopped playing. I heard a clap behind me and I spun around in my seat. Phil was standing behind me,beaming. I nervously scratched my head,not knowing what to say or do.

"That was absolutely amazing! I loved it!" Phil said,enthusiastically.

"T-thanks." I stuttered,feeling my face become red. Phil smiled and I felt like he somehow understood that I didn't like being praised. So he didn't push the subject,which I was really grateful for.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to join me and watch Sherlock with me?" Phil asked. I nodded,and we both exited my room,and headed into the lounge.