XXI

The lady's name is Tori. When I had awoken from my rest, she was there, waiting with a meal.

We ate together, her telling me funny stories along the way. I think it was her way of cheering me up, seeing as I was visibly upset.

It wasn't until after we ate that she made me tell her what happened. And I did, not hesitating for a second.

"I want you to stay with me. I get lonely, and I think it would benefit the both of us." She had said.

That was a week ago.

So far, living with Tori was relaxing. There were no expectations, only friendship.

She has to go into town today. She told me I didn't have to go, but I'm so tired of being cooped up, that I longed for it.

She owns a little carriage and two horses, that's how we made it there so fast.

She took my wrist and tugged me through the crowded streets until we reached a place that was selling produce.

"Pick out something." She murmured softly.

As I was reaching for a bright red apple, my name was called, "Tris!"

That voice..

I cringed and turned to Tori, bile rising in my throat.

"Put your hood up and let's get out of here." She spoke, dragging us into the deep crowd.

We got into our carriage quickly, trying to get back to her house as soon as possible.

"What he did is wrong, and I'm not going to let him take you. You're too fragile."

"I'm sorry." Unshed tears sting my eyes.

"It's not your fault. We'll get through this." She tugs me to her side, her motherly figure heart warming.

When we reach her house, we rush in quickly, hearing the clanking of hooves behind us.

"How about you hide and I'll trying to get him off my case. Okay?"

I nod, disappearing into the small kitchen, sinking myself into a small cabinet.

I hold my breath as someone knocks on the door.

"Yes?" Tori answers.

"I'm looking for a girl with blonde hair, her name is Tris." That voice. I involuntary shiver.

"I don't know a Tris, but would you like to come in for tea?"

I take this as my cue to run, bolting for the back door. When I reach outside, I stop. Where do I go?

Deciding to run to town, I head in that direction, until I am tackled from behind.

I let out a painful groan, flipping onto my back. Looking up, I meet the chocolate eyes of Uriah.

"Please let me go." I plead.

"No can do. Four has been an absolute mess without you. He needs you."

"But without me, you get more cake, right?" I distract, his eyes glazing over at the mention of cake.

I slip out of his grasp, trying to run as fast as I can.

This time, I'm not tackled, but tugged harshly from behind.

"Damn, you are sneaky and fast. No more games now, it's time to get you home."

"This is my home!" I protest, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"No it's not, and you know very well it isn't. Stop playing games and let's get going." He drags me back towards Tori's house.

Feeling like a child, I slap his hands and dig my heels in the ground, trying to stay put.

"Would you stop that?" He sighs, clearly agitated.

"I don't have to listen to you." I spit.

He flashes me smirk, "Four!" He screams, his voice cracking from the sheer volume.

And that's when he appears.

(Follow/Comment/Vote)