XVIII

I snuggle into Tobias's warm t-shirt, sighing with content.

"You look adorable, kitten." He says, kissing my nose and crawling into bed with me.

I move over so my head rests on his bare chest, giving it a soft kiss, "I love you."

"I love you too." He answers, playing with my hair that is in a now messy braid.

He flips us over so I'm underneath him, his arms wrapped tightly around me. He buries his face in my neck, placing his lips to my skin softly.

He pulls back, making sure his eyes meet mine, "I- You're my fairytale, Tris. Every waking day I spend with you is like a dream. It is a dream. You're my everything and I can't lose you. I love you more than anything and I want you to know that. Do you know that?"

"Of course I know that, Tobias. Do you doubt my love for you?" I whisper brokenly. Does he not see what I see?

"No, love, you have it wrong. I don't want you to think I am saying those three words just because I can. I say them because I can't live without you."

"I can't live without you either." I murmur, pressing my lips to his chin because I can't reach his lips.

He chuckles, scooting down so we are exactly face to face, his mouth hovering over mine. I've never noticed how dark his eyes really were. They appear blue, almost black. Right now, they shine with happiness and something else.

He presses his lips to mine, my eyes fluttering shut, making me see a darkness that is not dark. It's a darkness that is full of life. Full of passion and love.

My hands reach around to the hair on the nape of his neck, tangling my fingers in it.

This kiss is different than any other, it's full of promise. Promise that we will always have each other.

The room is silent, the only sound is the blood rushing in my ears from my anxious, flustered heart.

He pulls away, leaving us both with erratic breathing.

"I love you." He says, trailing kisses down my neck.

"I love you too." I yawn, stretching.

"It's late. We should sleep."

I nod, knowing that neither of us were going to be able to sleep after a kiss like that.

I curl into his chest, listening to the thump of his heart beat. If this is what happiness is, then I am never letting it go.

"I could hold you forever." He purrs.

"I'm okay with that." I grin.

"Try to sleep." He says, running his finger tips in a soothing path down my cheek.

I close my eyes and slowly drift off.

"You deserve the world, but I can't give it to you. Instead, I'll give you my world."

_____________________

My eyes open unwillingly, but I stay still, too warm to move.

I look up and meet Tobias's eyes.

"Morning." He says huskily, his voice rough from sleep.

"Good morning." I close my eyes and snuggle back in his chest.

"Don't fall back asleep on me. We have a lot to do today."

"We do?" I mutter.

"Yep, it's clean up day!" He says with false excitement.

"Go away."

"Can't. You're laying on me."

I give an agitated sigh and sit up, feeling my hair stick in different directions.

"I'm going to go shower. Okay?" I don't wait for an answer. I trudge to his bathroom.

"Good morning to you too, kitten!" He yells playfully.

(I have no further conflict for this story. It's all going to be fluff and stuff until the end, which is a few chapters away. That is, unless you have suggestions.)