Prologue

"You failed!" He barked, the anger prominent in his tone.

He leaned over me, a sneer etched on his face.

"Do you know what happens when you fail?" I could smell his breath from where I was huddled on the concrete floor. It reeked of alcohol and authority.

When I didn't answer him, he tugged harshly on my tattered hair, "Answer me, bitch."

"No sir." I hate to admit it, but my fear shined through my voice. To be honest, I did know what happened when I failed, I just didn't want to have to face the reality of it.

He snickered coldly, "When my slaves fail, they get a taste of my medicine, per say, revenge." He slapped me across the face, and stood up.

He walked away, but not before kicking me in the ribs, "Hmm, I have so many things I could do to you, but I need a little release. Care to help me out?" His pants fell around his ankles and my nightmare began.

He was rough, tugging, biting, pinching, pulling, anything he could get his hands on. I tried to muffle my sobs, knowing it gave him sick satisfaction.

"I want to hear you." He hissed. I swear he had major mood swings, sometimes I was supposed to act like I was enjoying it, but other times I was to act like I was now, in pain. Now, he wanted me to howl in agony. He wanted me to suffer.

When he was finished, I curled up, protecting my weak and battered body.

"I'm not done with you yet." He picked up his fallen belt, the leather whistling through the air, landing with a gruesome sting on my back. I couldn't help the shriek that escaped my parched and bloody lips.

He laughed, a cold sadistic laugh.

The belt landed on my back with so much force, for what felt like an eternity, I finally gave into the pain. My arms gave, from where they were holding me up, and I landed on my weak stomach.

A final groan left my mouth, but the pain continued. Stars swimmed before my vision, but I couldn't give into the darkness yet. I was held back.

I felt the crimson blood run down my back, but there was no pain. I was numb. I was done.

For once, his words gave me a slither of hope. Hope for something more than this torture. Hope for someone who can help me. Hope for a better life, but it was only a slither because I knew I didn't deserve it. I knew it wouldn't happen.

"You're no fun anymore, slave. Tomorrow is the annual auction, I'll have someone come clean you up. See you later, whore."

I fell into the darkness.