XII

"Rise and shine, kitten!" A chirpy voice says in my ear, "It's such a beautiful morning!"

"Shhh, maybe if we ignore it, it will go away." I squint up at Fo-Tobias.

Last night's events come pouring in quickly, causing a small smile to light up my features.

I snuggle closer to his warmth, basking in this new found emotion. It made me feel safe and tingly. I knew exactly what this feeling was. Love.

Tobias pulled me closer, "I love waking up like this."

"I love you, Tobias." I mumble, wrapping my arms around him.

Due to my isolation, I once knew nothing but my name. Even now, I have just scratched the surface of many major things, and everything is still confusing, but one thing that I know for sure, is my love for Tobias.

Maybe I have known it all along and didn't want to believe it.

For how could something so good, be true? Out of everything that has happened to me, how is this my happiness? How did I get so lucky?

Tobias pressed his lips to my head, causing sparks to course through me.

"What's that called?" I ask, staring up at him with bug eyes.

"What? This?" He presses his lips to my head again.

I gave him a soft smile and nodded.

"It's called a kiss. When two people love each other, they kiss, to seal their love."

"You just sealed our love?"

"No, to do that they kiss right here." He placed his finger gently on my lips.

"Like a hug?"

"Just more intimate." His eyes sparkled when he told me this, casting a lighter blue on his dark eyes.

"W-will you kiss me?" I stutter, my cheeks burning.

He hesitated, "Are you sure? You're just so innocent and I'd hate to-"

"Please?" I cut him off.

He nodded and leaned close to me, his forehead resting against mine.

He was just inches away, so close that we were breathing the same air.

My eyes flutter shut, the intensity of this moment almost dream like.

When I open my eyes, Tobias' eyes search mine, for doubt or fear.

His eyes held such love and passion, I had never seen such thing. Never felt such a thing.

My vision blurred, tears stinging my eyes, but why was I crying?

"Can tears be happy?" I ask, watching as the skin crinkled at the corner of eyes from humor.

"Yeah. Are you happy?" He was breathless, like me.

"With you? Always."

He leaned closer, now our noses were touching, our mouths just millimeters apart.

"I love you."

And then the space was closed. My eyes shut with the sheer force of the magnet pulling us together.

His lips were soft, molding into mine perfectly.

It seemed endless, a moment that both of us wanted to last an eternity.

When Tobias pulled back, he laughed, a good strong laugh, and helped me stand up on the bed.

He laced both of my hands with his and started jumping.

The matress creaked with our weight as we both jumped up and down.

Laughter from both of us bounced everywhere, the beauty of the split second lost in Tobias' playfullness.

When Tobias and I were both breathless, we laid back down, everything gone but our smiles.

"Will you sleep with me every night?" He asked, all playfullness gone.

"I don't think I'd be able not to. Not after such a wonderful night and morning."

"Good. You didn't really have a choice anyway." He tugged me closer, his arms wrapping around my shoulders.

I giggled, knowing I wouldn't have it any other way.

(Follow me
Slushie)