Thankful

One Mistake: An Ezria Fanfiction

Chapter 96:
We get out of the car and knock on the door. Spencer and my mum answer it, "Ezra, Aria! You're here!" Spencer says as she hugs me.
"Hey!" I say as I hug her back. "This is awesome, thank you!" I continue.
"Don't thank me, thank Ezra - it was his idea!" She replies as she gives him a grin.
"You were the ones that set everything up though. I can't take the credit!" He says with a laugh.
"Well come on in, we need to get this party started. I need to know the gender of my grandchild!" Ella says with a laugh as she gestures for us to come in.
We walk inside and I gasp at the sight. It's so beautiful! There's streamers everywhere and banners and tonnes of food. Ezra and I walk out to the backyard and there's picnic benches and blankets everywhere with people having drinks and are in mid-conversation when we walk out. Once everyone notices, they all stop what they're doing and yell what they think the gender is. There's so many screams that I can't even tell what the majority is. After that, they swamp us with congratulations and hugs. This is all so kind, I can't wait to tell them the news!

We talk to our friends and relatives for a while and before long, an hour goes by. I think it's probably time to reveal the gender so I pull Ezra over to the side and whisper to him, "Hey baby, do you think we should reveal it now?" I ask.
"I was just about to ask you the same question. Should I get everyone's attention?" He asks.
"Yeah, sure." I reply back.
We then walk to the centre of the garden and Ezra gently taps his glass. "Thank you all for coming here today to celebrate our pregnancy. We cannot thank you all enough for the support. We may be young, but it doesn't mean we don't love each other and aren't ready for this journey. It may have been a surprise but it doesn't mean we aren't full of joy. I love Aria so much, she is the reason I'm happy. She is the love of my life. I'm sure many of you know, as well as others that don't that we did get engaged fairly recently and we are so happy for this new chapter in our lives." He says to everyone. Hanna begins to cheer when he starts talking about the proposal. Surprisingly, people join in and cheer. He then continues, "Aria is my soulmate and I can't believe that I am this lucky to have her. At the end of summer, I'm moving fully into her parents house to help care for the baby and we cannot wait to decorate their room. I just can't wait to see our baby and hold them in my arms. I think it's time we reveal the gender so... Aria, would you like to do the honours?" He asks me.
"Of course! I would just like to say thank you to everyone here, I love you all so much and thank you for coming as I'm sure you've all been waiting for the gender reveal. I'm happy to say that we will be expecting a baby boy on the 3rd of December this year!" I say with excitement.
Everyone screams with excitement and congratulates us. I'm so happy that my life is turning out like this. I am so thankful for it all.