Chapter Twenty Seven- Kwame

Nate called me, and he was beyond the threshold of anger

Nate called me, and he was beyond the threshold of anger. He was so malicious that I could feel him seething over the line. "What is wrong with your girl? I thought I told you to talk to her, Kwame. Tame her. Handle her. Something— but no, she goes and does the one thing I asked that she didn't do."

            I was listening to Nate's ranting about Wylan while I contemplated my own feelings. When he got to the point where he was throwing expletives in every direction, I simply hung up. I decided calling her cell phone to ask her about it, but she didn't pick up. I left a message asking if she could call me back when she got the message because I wanted to ask her a question.

            Nate quickly texted me, "WTF?" to which I replied, "I got tired of listening to you cry over someone telling your girlfriend the truth, now give me a second, I'm doing something important."

            This was all ridiculous. I waited for about five hours, and still didn't receive a text or a call back from Wylan though Nate pursued me through text message. I felt like he just wanted someone to validate his opinion.

            He came to my house and pounded on my front door, causing Khairi to pin him up outside.

"Okay, well there's a doorbell, so don't pound on my door like a fu—Kwame, get him before I drag him back down the driveway to his car." My brother growled before he dropped Nate on his behind. It looked like Nate must have woken him while he was sleeping. Either way, I was glad he had threatened him.

            "What do you need man?" I asked him as he glared in my direction. "I'm going to shove my fist down her throat. Farah broke up with me. She claims we need to, 'take a break,' because she won't tolerate her boyfriend trying to, 'be a whore and sleep with other girls.' Where would she get that bull crap? You and I both know the answer. It was Wylan."

            Yeah, the answer is—me. "No, she probably didn't."

            He looked highly exasperated as he took to angrily kicking a soccer ball that was on our porch, which consequently smacked my neighbor's dog. "Nathaniel! Sit down or leave!" I snarled at him. He offered me a guttural sound of malevolence. "Didn't you kiss the cousin? Weren't you at a packed, public, establishment, otherwise known as a birthday party, you pitiful simpleton? Don't blame your idiocy on her, your girlfriend could've learned from her cousin or anyone else at the party," I screamed at him.

            He folded his arms across his chest. "Malory wouldn't have told her!" I raised an eyebrow. To which he quickly smirked, "We'd been talking for a while, and she promised to keep it our secret until I finally got tired of Farah."

            "Wow that was a bit cold." I grimaced and leaned against the wall.

            "This had been going on for about two and a half months, that's why I needed Wy to keep her mouth shut." He frowned. "You understand don't you?"