Chapter Twenty Five- Wylan

The homecoming game had been a success, from the time I fell off the bleachers, to when I got wore some random junior's varsity jacket

The homecoming game had been a success, from the time I fell off the bleachers, to when I got wore some random junior's varsity jacket. It was a great night, up until she arrived at the game. I cheered Alex on as a light drizzle began to fall, and he ran the ball into the end zone.

That was until Lorelei showed up, and felt the need to sit with us. She was being incredibly annoying while we tried to focus on the players. Every five minutes, she was leaning across me to ask Kwame something, and after a while, she actually stood and sat on his other side.

When we got into the car, he buckled himself in and looked over at me. "What's the matter, Wy?"

"Did you invite her?" I asked him tightly.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Because she sure seemed to think you wanted her there," I responded while buckling myself in.

"Don't tell me you're pissed because Lorelei sat with us," he sighed.

"Okay, I won't."

"Wylan, your friend, whatever his name is, showed up too!"

I glowered at him, but I felt myself cracking a smile. "You aren't seriously about to bring Bryson into this when you two sat there chattering about football stats for the first fifteen minutes of the game are you?"

"Well, I'm just saying that if you're going to get angry about Lorelei, then I should be able to bring up Bryson."

"Whatever," I sulked while turning away from him.

He tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned in his direction. "Nate wanted me to ask you to not tell Farah about whatever you saw at that party from a little while back."

"Why are you talking to me about that?"

"He just asked me to—" I interrupted him.

"No, that's not okay."

"Wylan that's not your fight," he pleaded with me.

"Kwame, I'm not arguing with you because I'm right. I'm right, and you don't even need to tell me because I already know it," I told him, crossing my arms across my chest. That's when I realized I still had on the jacket but didn't know the junior's name. Well, I had always wanted a varsity jacket anyways.

"He's my best friend, and he asked me to tell you to chill and let him deal with it, so I am," Kwame said calmly.

"She's my best friend too, and she asked me to be there for her whenever she needed me. I am."

"I know what you're saying Wylan. You don't need to yell. Can you just trust me?"

"No. I definitely can't trust your friend to do the right thing. It's been a week, and has he come clean yet?"

We had pulled up to my driveway, and I was about to storm out when the door locked itself. "That's no deterrent."

"Just wait a minute, I'm trying to talk to you, and you keep running away from me. Why?" I turned and faced him head on.