Chapter 23: The Green House

Leahs POV

I watched as Justin strummed his last note to the song. I got up from my seat and started clapping. I gave him a hug after he put his guitar down.

“ So how was it?” Justin asked still holding me.

“ It was great.. But who were you talking about in the song” Justin let go of me and started walking toward the green house.

“Justin..” I said a little bit confused. Still no answer. I followed him. Maybe he didn’t hear me I thought.

“ Justin” I said a little louder. I stopped walking as I got to the door. I watched as he looked at all the colorful flowers admiring them.  Why was he ignoring me? I started to get angry.

“ Justin!” I yelled. He turned his back at me trying to look occupied. That’s it. Don’t come and invite me if you’re not going to even fucking talk to me. Ugh! I looked at him again. Running towards him, I turned him to face me.

“ Look, I just want to know who you were ta-“  Just then he grabbed my face and kissed me. All my anger vanished as I kissed him back. He slowly caressed my cheek letting go of me.

“ It’s about you Leah.. Its always been about you since I saw you in the hotel.. I ..” He hesitated not knowing what to say and I didn’t know what to say either. So I walked away ..shocked. I touched my lips feeling the tingly feeling. I should of known i thought feeling stupid.. I heard his faint voice calling my name. Not now Justin…Its all too much. He called my name again apologizing. I started walking faster towards the door that led downstairs to the restaurant. Sighing as I reached it I saw Justin’s   hand reach the door first. I sighed again. I turned as he put his other hand on the door trapping me. I looked at his shoes avoiding him as much as possible.

“ Is it Alex?” He laughed lightly

“ You want to be with him instead of me right?” he added, anger getting in his voice

“ Even though he hurt you.. You want him!” He yelled. I flinched. His voice cracked.

“ Why?” he whispered using on of his hands to lift up my cheek. I looked up as his eyes began to water. I wanted to hug him and tell him everything was going to be alright like he was a little boy but insted I moved his arm out of my way. Opened the door and went downstairs. I called Rosaline and told her to pick me up. Then I waited for her across the street from the restaurant on a cold wooden chair in front of a bakery. I watched as a women turned the sign to close as he last customer left. She began to sweep around in the store.

 I used my hands to try to heat up my arms as I watched a near by stop light trying to think of anything but Justin and how I left him alone upstairs. I felt someones presence near me. I looked up hoping it was Rosaline and that she came fast because she was just around the corner.

“ Missed me?” Alex said with a smirk holding a empty bottle of alcohol.