13. Killing Katherine

Start from the beginning

"Touchy subject?" He grinned. "Anywho, it doesn't matter. She doesn't love either of you now because she loves me."

Suddenly, Damon let out the biggest laugh that I had ever heard. Even Rose seemed to jump back a few steps.

"She sure as hell doesn't!" Damon shrieked. "Katherine said she loved you because she wanted you to give her the moonstone. You gave it to her and where is she now? SHe left! You dumb idiot. Well, at least Katherine's not going to rip your heart out the same way she did mine and my brothers."

Mason sighed. "Katherine put the moonstone in a well."

"The well near Fells Church?" Elena asked. Mason nodded.

"Well, the dog decides to play it our way." Damon cooed. "It doesn't matter though. Because I'm now going to rip your heart out."

"No!" I screamed. I grabbed Damon's hand and he looked at me, clearly angry. "Damon don't. Please don't. He didn't do anything."

"Nina, I respect you but this is something that I have to do." Damon said. "The werewolves will come next week and by killing Mason, they'll see that we're as much as a threat to them as they are to us. It's simple, I kill him and then score 1 to us."

"Step back Nina." Stefan said, wrapping arms around my waist and pulling me away a few steps.

"No, please?!" Mason begged. "I'll tell you anything you want to-"

"You've already told us everything we need." Damon growled. "Stefan, don't let Nina see."

Suddenly, Stefan's arm wrapped around my head and forced my face into his chest and I couldn't see anything. All that I heard was Mason screaming, and then it stopped as soon as it started.

"Clean up the mess." Damon said. "I'm gonna talk to Nina."

Damon pulled me out of Stefan's arms and dragged me along to the stairs, making sure that I still couldn't see Mason. Once we got into the bedroom, Damon sighed and let go of me.

"You didn't need to see that." He said eventually. "Are you ok?"

"I feel like I shouldn't be, but I feel fine." I admitted. "I mean, it's sad. But he wasn't on our side so..."

Damon laughed a little. "Yeah, you're starting to feel the same way I feel."

I nodded. "So what now?"

"Well, you need to get ready."

"Ready?" I questioned.

"Don't ask questions." Damon smirked. "Just go into your room, put on a nice dress, and then meet me downstairs. Stefan took Elena home to get ready just now."

"Um...ok?" I said, unsure. Damon patted my head and then held the door open for me. I gave him a weird look before skipping out and heading into my own room. I opened the wardrobe, found a strapless red dress that my Mom...well adoptive Mom had gotten me and then I put it on. I brushed my hair and let it flow down to my shoulders, then applied a little makeup to freshen up. Once I looked ok, I stepped out and headed downstairs.

Damon was already standing at the end of the staircase in a white shirt with the top 3 buttons open, and a black tie. His black hair was scruffy and his eyes...doing that seductive eye thing again.

"That dress really shows off your waist." Damon complimented.

I nodded. "Thanks. You look nice. But tell me something, what's the occasion?"

"No questions." He reminded me. "Now go get in the car. Shotgun."

"Sure." I said, giving Damon a weird look again. I headed over to the door, but just as I opened it, Damon's hand literally slapped my ass...hard.