Chapter 19: Party Recap

♣Phoebe♣

I stretch across the bed and sigh. Oh, God, My body aches! I lazily sit up and stuff my bare, aching feet into my slippers. I groan in pain as I stand up and wobble like a newly born duck into the bathroom.

And this is why I stretch before dancing.

I refresh and release and brush my teeth afterward. I stare at the foam scurrying down the drain after I've spat and sigh.

Yesterday was quite the eventful day. I can't even wrap my head around everything that happened. I rinse, leave the restroom and sit down at the edge of the bed.

James performed at the party. And his new look... Wow. I unconsciously bite my lip as I recall our close encounters.

We were going to kiss. We were seriously, seriously going to kiss! Twice!

But what triggered these feelings for James all of a sudden? The fact that he looked different? Oh my God, am I that shallow?

Then, Margo showed up. It was kind of an awkward encounter, really. Nothing I expected. I guess I'm underwhelmed by her. The only thing that still makes her a mystery is the way Ted acted.

He was so hostile. So angry. He's never spoken to me that way. It was like if I was a pest. Sure, I messed up with the whole sending an invitation to Margo. and stalking her to her home, and discovering really, really, really classified information about her... yeah, I totally deserved to get yelled at.

Then again, why would he overreact about it? Ted is a mellow guy regardless. What's so bad about my knowledge of Margo? I wonder.

Then there was the truth about Terrance and Sarah. Despite doing the right thing, Sarah still did it with no remorse. Anyone would say she rather enjoyed it. Whatever. I wish them good luck in that already doomed arranged marriage.

Then, dancing with Diego. I smile. That was too much fun. I haven't enjoyed dancing with a partner as much as I did with him. He was so passionate, so charismatic, so energetic. Definitely proved himself more superior than Terrance. He's technical and always counting. Not Diego. Diego let himself be guided and consumed by the music. That's dancing.

My mind drifts to James again in the music room. I suddenly feel annoyed with Janis, Lindsay, and Chanelle. If they would've just stayed back in the party and not butt in! Maybe James and I would've definitely...

"What am I saying!?" I toss myself back on my bed.

I take a green sweatshirt, pull it on and I'm kitchen bound.

~

"Good Morning!" I chirp. Gail is nowhere to be seen, but my parents are both awake. What's Dad doing to Mom?

"Morning, Sweetheart." He says absentmindedly as he ever so gently dabs Mom's lips with the tip of his pinky. "Haa." Mom hums in an attempt to say Hi, I think.

She looks so young sitting on the countertop. Dad is right in between Mom's swinging legs and the cupboard where we keep the first aid kit is opened. "What happened, Momma?" I frown. "Uh, I- "

- "Shh." Dad interrupts her. "She attempted to sip her boiling tea, is what happened." Dad tuts at her and she furrows her brows. I giggle. "All done." Dad smiles and kisses Mom's forehead. "I could've done it myself." She mutters as she smacks her lips together. Dad puts the first aid kit away back into the cupboard and carries Mom down.

My heart swells at the scene.

"You guys are so corny, it hurts." I groan with my hands over my heart, afraid it will pop out.