Chapter 1: Bienvenue à Seattle, Washington

"I can't wait to land in Seattle! My boyfriend should be picking me up." Lindsay squirms in her chair. "Are you not coming with us?" Janis frowns. "No, I'm hoping today's the day I become a woman." She bites her lips and the girls squeal like mice. I roll my eyes and look out the window, admiring the beautiful pink clouds floating below us. They're so pretty.

"Fine, so Lindsay is out of the picture. Who else isn't coming to my sleepover?" I turn from my gorgeous view and raise my hand. The girls groan angrily. "Phoebe, come on!" Chanelle whines, pulling my hand.

"Sorry, girls. I'm hoping to see my family. My big brother's picking me up."

More squeals.

"Mr.Gorgeous with the capital Gee!" Sarah fans herself. "Can we see him, Phoebe? Please?" Janis entwines her fingers right in front of my face, her gleaming jewelry sparkling in my eyes. "I guess." I roll my eyes again.

Cue the squeals.

Last month, Dad demanded my friends and I use the Private Jet to fly to Paris for the workshop with Mr.Baudin whom prepared us for our upcoming recital, and there is just no way of saying no to the man. But I love him.

Now we're taking the jet back home, and I'm dying to see everyone again.

"Miss Phoebe. Allow me." Jacobo, my bodyguard takes my luggage as we're walking down the terminal. "Thanks." I smile at him. He's towering, has a shaved head, a golden deep complexion, and is always so serious. I can't see his eyes because he's always wearing those shades.

I grin at him with bared teeth.

He stays serious.

I turn away, then back to him.

Not a crack. "Yes, Miss Phobe?"

- "Nothing." I turn away from him, then back.

He's trying to stifle his smile and I giggle. "You're always looking like you're going to shoot me. Lighten up, Jacobo. We're home!"

We're on the escalator going down, and I hear the girls behind me chatting and laughing. I love them, but I just cannot relate, so I keep my distance. "There he is, there he is!" I hear one of them gasp and I'm guessing Lindsay's boyfriend is here.

Except, it's not him.

I see him outside, through the clear doors. A white Bentley parked on the sidewalk. He's leaning on the car, with casual jeans, a V neck, high tops, and his all time favorite aviators. I grin idiotically because as much as he tries to look like a sexy bad boy, to me, he always looks like a total goof!

He pulls his shades slightly down, spots me, and grins.

"Teddy bear!" I wave and as soon as I reach the bottom of the escalator, I clutch my side bag and run to him, my big brother. I jump into his arms and hug him tightly. "Baby doll!" He laughs and he swings me around. I'm beyond glad I switched into my converse before leaving the jet, because my sandals would've flown off.

I plant a huge kiss on his cheek and he puts me down. "I missed you!" I say squishing him around his rib cage. "I missed you, too. How was your trip, little lady?" he ruffles my hair. "It was okay. There's mice on the jet." I act disgusted and he frowns. I hear my friends right behind me. "Watch this." I whisper conspiringly.

"Girls, you remember my brother. Ted, That's Janis, Chanelle, Sarah and Lindsay." The ogle over him. Even Little Miss Taken. "Hey, girls. Nice to see you all."

- "Hi..." they synch. I pull Ted away from them and they begin to squeal. I point with my thumb and mouth out. "Mice." He laughs at our new inside joke.