Chapter 50: Sabotage

Justin's P.O.V.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"Ariana frantically asks Sophia as we both hold onto her in our arms. I hear the elevator doors close but I don't pay attention.

"I'm fine mommy"Sophia tells her. "I really missed you"She says and I kiss her head. "We missed you too sweetie"I say, pulling her close to me, hoping this isn't a dream.

"How did you get here?"Ariana asks her with a puzzled look, the thought crossing my mind as well. This seems way to good to be true. Why would the kidnapper just randomly give us Sophia back? It doesn't make sense.

"The big mean man brought me here and told me to come on the elevator"Sophia explains and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Where did he go?"I ask her.

"I don't know"She shrugs. "He left"She says and I sigh. This doesn't feel right.

All of a sudden the elevator lights begin flickering. The familiar tune of a jazz song begins playing through the speakers. I notice it as the same song that I heard on the phone when Ariana was taken back at the police station in Los Angeles.

Ariana now looks at me with a scared look in her eyes, Sophia looking scared as well. "Daddy, I'm scared"Sophia pops her lower lip out, shaking with fear. "Shh, it's okay your fine now. Me and mommy are here"I assure her.

I stand up, leaving Sophia in Ariana's arms and go over to the elevator pad on the wall. I'm about to click level one, when the elevator begins shaking.

"What the hell?"I ask confused. We than feel the elevator begin to drop at a fast pace, and I widen my eyes. I watch as the levels light up each floor we pass as we drop. We are about to crash at the bottom of the hotel.

Sophia begins screaming and I turn around to clutch back onto her and Ariana. "I wanna go home daddy"Sophia cries and I try to calm her down. Ariana looks at me with terrified eyes and I groan out in frustration. We can't die, I can't allow my family to die!

Before I can try to do anything, the elevator suddenly stops. We are all quiet as we wait for something else to happen, but nothing comes.

"We have to get out of here before the elevator begins dropping again"I quickly help Ariana and Sophia up from the ground. Level eleven lights up on the elevator pad, letting us know what floor we are on now.

I look all around me until I spot a vent  at the top of the elevator. "Ariana, get on my shoulders and try to reach for that vent and take it off"I tell her and point to the roof of the elevator.

She nods, letting go of Sophia and bringing her closer to me. Sophia clutches onto my leg as I help Ariana up on my shoulders. I'm careful though, mindful of her baby bump.

I look up and watch as Ariana messes with the vent until it comes off. It falls to the ground and we look up at the open space we now have.

"Perfect"I say. "Now try and go through the space and get on top of the elevator"I tell her and she shakes her head no. "Justin that's dangerous"She looks down at me.

"Your gonna be fine, you got this"I tell her and begin lifting her up into the small open space. "Are you good?"I shout once I don't see her anymore.

"Yea, I'm good"I see her head pop out into the open space. She now stands on top of the elevator.

"Okay, I'm bringing Sophia up"I tell her and reach over and pick Sophia up. I lift Sophia up into the hole, and Ariana grabs onto her.

"Now help lift me up"I say, once both of my girls are up and out of the elevator.