Chapter 47: Face to Face

Ariana's P.O.V.

It's been a week since we announced that I wanted to speak with Jai to the public. We gave him a deadline date for his chance to call me. And turns out that deadline date is today.

For the past six days, we have been sitting here, at the police station, awaiting his call. We have got nothing from him so far.

We now still wait for something.

I sit here, at Woodrow's desk, waiting for the phone to ring. For it to just ring once.

Justin sits by my side, also waiting, along with Woodrow and his officers. They all sit in front of me, with a machine connected to the phone. That way if Jai does call me, they can hear what he is saying out loud.

Isabelle sits on Justin's lap, a yawn escaping her mouth. Her eyes are closed as she lays in his arms. Her hands hold tightly onto Justin's shirt. He just stares down at her, and runs his fingers through her hair.

I look at the clock and its reads 7:30 pm. We have been sitting here, bored out of our minds, still waiting for Jai to freaking call.

I honestly feel like we've wasted so much time already. We shouldn't be sitting here, we should be out in the city looking for Sophia. I know we have run out of options, but I don't know if I can stand sitting here any longer. We still have to wait until midnight. That's when the deadline is officially over.

"I really don't think he's gonna call guys"I sigh, breaking the silence.

"We still have about five more hours Ariana. We just have to have hope that he will call us"Woodrow says.

"My hope on him calling us, was gone by day three"I tell him.

"Look, I know this is frustrating. It's frustrating to all of us. But right now we are sticking to the plan. If he doesn't call than fine. But until midnight, we are not gonna give up on this call"Justin speaks.

"I agree with Justin"Woodrow nods. I slump back in my chair, feeling bored out of my mind.

I feel my stomach starting to grumble. I haven't eaten much today. All I had was an apple and a granola bar early this morning.

"I'm gonna go get something out the vending machine"I say and stand up.

"No, what if Jai calls?"Fred asks, Woodrow giving me a stern look as well.

"I'll only be gone for less than a few minutes"I roll my eyes and begin to walk towards the door.

"I'm coming with you"Justin says, about to stand up. "I can go by myself. I know where it is"I snap at him and walk out, before he can say anything back.

I've been cranky all day. My hormones have been running wild.
Everyone understands though. I'm only like this because I'm pregnant. And when I'm pregnant, I can't control how I feel.

I pass a few police officers as I roam through the station. I walk right into a empty, narrow hallway where the vending machine sits.

I take out three quarters from my pocket, and put it in the machine. I press on a button for a bag of barbecue chips to come out.

The chips begin to move, but stops midway. It's now stuck between the stupid circular rings.

I sigh and press the button again. I continue to push it until finally the chips fall. I smile as I reach down to pick up the chips in the machine bin.

I gladly open up the chip bag and take a chip out. I reach the chip towards my mouth, ready to eat it.

I than feel hands wrap around my mouth. The chips drop out my hand and onto the floor. Something black is placed over my head, preventing me from seeing anything.