Chapter 28: The reception

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Wow, look at you two"My mother points at me and Justin. She stands at the podium in front of everyone, giving her toast to us. "I remember the day Ariana told me about her new boyfriend, Justin. She was so happy and full of life when she told me about him. Then I met him in person, I Remember thinking, Damn he's cute, where was he when I was her age?"She chuckles making everyone laugh. "I remember Ariana coming home late from being with him, and me scolding her. There was even a point in my life when I was jealous of him. He was always with Ariana wherever she went, I barely had time to hang with her. Now here we are, five years later, Ariana married to him. Back then, I didn't think they would last that long, you know cause of Justin's career but it did. And now she's also living her dream as a musician. And I love being able to watch her grow up and be this woman I knew she would always be. And seeing Justin prove himself as a man and now a husband. I just wish you both the best life together, and I hope there's more grandchildren on the way"She winks making everyone laugh again. "I love both of you, God Bless you and your family"She smiles and walks down from the podium. Everyone claps as she gives us both a hug.

"I love you too mom"I tell her before she goes back to her seat. Scooter and Pattie stand up and go up to the podium to give their toast. Isabelle hops onto my lap to sit, while Sophia sits next to Justin.

"Justin, Justin, Justin. I'm just looking back right now in my mind, at the day when you first started your career. We were talking about girls, You told me you won't marry one until you were thirty. I don't know why you chose thirty, but you did. And looking back just makes me laugh cause here you are, married at 21"Scooter laughs, making Justin laugh next to me. "It's crazy how much your life and your whole perspective on life can change because of one girl. I'm just glad to see you happy, and you too Ariana. I can tell when two people love each other, and let me tell you, there is something beyond love between you two"He says.

Pattie also steps up to the microphone. "We just want to say, we love you guys. We are here for you always, and we will never leave you. We'll always support you guys in your decisions"She says.

"And I just want to warn you now Justin, after today, it's just gonna get more tough. Just remember Ariana is the boss, not you. Trust me, I've learned from experience"Scooter says making everyone laugh.

"Us women just want some control. Women can do what men can do. Always remember that Ariana"Pattie chuckles into the mic.

"Oh and also-"Scooter begins. "Good luck in your marriage"Pattie cuts him off and pushes him away from the mic, everyone laughing again.

Some more people go up for toast as we finish up dinner. Me and Justin step out for a sec to change for our first dance. We invited Ed Sheeran to come sing Thinking out Loud while we dance to it. He also helped us with some of the steps to the song, like in the music video. The video was so beautiful so we thought of dancing just like they did in the video. We have practiced for at least over a month. We totally have the dance choreography down.

We walk back inside once we are changed. Chaz and Madison stand up and grab the microphone. They are the hosts for the night.

"Next up, we have the first dance with Justin and Ariana, let's clap for them as they walk up to the dance floor"Madison says into the mic, and everyone begins clapping for us both as we step onto the dance floor. Ed stands up from his seat and walks up to the stage.

The music begins, and Ed's amazing voice sings into the microphone.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?