Chapter 24: Ticking Bomb Part 1

Luke's P.O.V.

I storm out the bathroom, extremely mad. I head straight for three flight attendants who chill by the plane's kitchen.

They can tell something is wrong the second I approach them.

"Is there a problem?"One of them asks me, sensing my anger. Her name tag says Marie.

"Yes, there is. I want to know how the hell you let someone put a bomb on this plane"I barely whisper. Their eyes widen.

"What?"Another girl named Rachel asks.

"Yes, there is a fucking bomb on this plane"I say louder, catching some passengers attention.

"Please lower your voice"The guy attendant says this time. Chad.

"What do you mean there is a bomb on this plane, there is no way someone could have got passed all of the security scans in the airport"Marie says.

"Well, someone did. And now the lives of over a hundred passengers are in danger and so is Ariana"I tell them.

"Show us"Chad says. He looks like he doesn't believe me one bit.

"Fine, follow me"I say and they follow me to the family bathroom in the east wing.

I lead them inside and show them the bomb on the mirror with cords all over it.

The time now says 05:28:23

They all look at the bomb with terrified looks on their faces.

"Oh my gosh!"Rachel covers her mouth with her hands. "I'm gonna go get some help"She hurries back out.

"Believe me now"I look towards Chad.

"This isn't some type of joke right? Cause I really don't have-"Chad begins but I cut him off.

"No this isn't some stupid joke!"I say getting even more mad. "We need to all figure out how to turn this thing off without triggering it. We have a little over five hours to do it"I tell them both.

"Rachel is gonna go get some help, but for right now, we need to make sure none of the passengers find out about this. If they do, there is gonna be chaos"Maria says.

"Your right, good idea. We don't have time for panicking people"I say. "But I am gonna tell Andy"I say.

"Andy? Who is Andy?"Chad asks.

"My security partner. We both work for Ariana. He can help us"I say.

"Your not gonna tell Ariana though right?"Maria asks.

"Of course not"I answer her. Ariana doesn't need to know about this. She doesn't need to be troubled with this.

"Okay then, go get Andy, we need all the help we can get. Me and Chad will stay here and wait for Rachel to get back with some more help"She says.

I nod and walk out. I quickly go back to my seat where Ariana still sleeps peacefully.

"Andy, we have a problem"I whisper in his ear and he looks up at me confused.

"Just come with me"I tell him.

"But, who is gonna watch Ariana. We can't just leave her here alone"He tells me.

"If you don't come with me, Ariana will be in more danger than sleeping here by herself"I say and he looks even more confused but stands up anyways.

I walk with him back to the bathroom, where there are four more flight attendants. Rachel found more help. Perfect.

"Luke this is Brandon, Tara, Caleb, and Jeremy"Rachel tells me their names. I give a small wave.