nine

October 20, 2015.

The day i waited after felt like an hours. I was laying down on my bed, legs were sprawled spindly. My blood, my heart, couldn't calm at all at the fact today was the day I finally got something from the current Calum. The 2015 Calum. The upgraded Calum.

I wanted to know if he could stay faithful after 3 years of waiting. Maybe it wasn't an easy decision after all, so i thought if he went out at least with some other dudes i would accept him no matter what. Except he was in relationship, I think.

But, deep down i really hoped that he stay single for 3 years just for me. But, again, it wasn't an easy decision. Because most of teenagers craving for love, relationship, and a lover.

I smacked my head lightly to subside the sheer thoughts, immediately humming random songs to distract myself. Huffing lightly, I brought the pillow into my embrace and hugged it tightly before my eyelids were slowly closing little by little, my heartbeats rattling in rhythm with the clock's ticks.

Once my mind was starting to envision some good things and my eyelids were softly fanning my cheeks, suddenly I heard the door of my house opened and a voice of holler was filling my ears. "Luke!" That was my mum.

I groaned, sliding off from the bed. My eyes locked to the knob of the door before i opened it and bolted out from my room. Mum was already setting herself in the kitchen, a few of incoherent words that I couldn't digest were leaving from her lips as my back propped against the wall, arms crossing across against my chest.

"I bought you pizza, eat them before they're get into my mouth," she chuckled, pointing at the pizza. I nodded in response.

"Oh, and i found this in front of our house, saying it's for you," she handed me a box, and a frown of confusion formed upon my face.

The box had a brown, regular wrapper that kept the thing inside save from any harm, so it wouldn't get broken or anything that sounded not good to hear. I scanned it before i caught a paper that being plastered on it's surface. The paper said for: Luke and an initial C was written under my name.

C?

Oh my god.

"Mum, you can eat the pizza i need to do something urgent," i said in a rush, swiftly jogging a little to go upstairs; my room.

My breath couldn't calm at all, my heart was pumping in a fast pace, and an entire excitement feelings were running down until my spine. I unwrapped the box and involuntarily gasped once i saw a penguin stuffed was laying at there, encouraging me to hold it into my my embrace.

Calum remembered.

The current Calum sent me this and i couldn't help but cried a little. I was happy at the fact that Calum still remember the promise he made when he was 17, three years ago. And he fulfilled our promise.

I brought the penguin and held it tightly inside my embrace, not trying to let it go at all.

"Thank you Calum," I murmured softly, a fond smile tugged on my lips as a small tear left a trace on my cheek, feelings of happiness filling my body.

Promise?

Promise.

Calum kept his promise.