twenty

6.30 pm.

I already sat my body on my own bed, legs tangled together, and my eyes locked on the phone as i held it tightly on my hands. The thoughts of hearing Calum's voice made me incredibly nervous, i couldn't help but felt like i would burst into pieces of embarrassment knowing i would stutter due the nervousness i held the entire time.

The clock was ticking, every second passed rather quickly as i gritted my teeth, my gaze focused on the bright screen of my phone. I didn't think that Calum would be punctual, because maybe he got a work that should be finished at the time and hell, maybe he didn't remember our promise.

"Shit," i muttered under my breath, feeling nervous as i looked back at the clock, saying that it was 6:50.

My eyes kept flickering as i looked down at my phone, waiting for the call patiently. While i was still panicking, a sudden click of my brain told me that i should prepare myself for the conversation, so it wouldn't be that awkward. I closed my eyelids, letting myself to calm down before i harshly tugged my hair, a groan of frustration escaped from lips.

I blinked, realizing my phone screen had lighten up. I hurriedly checked the number, examining it over and saying it was from an unknown number. Sudden of realization panicked me, causing my heart pounding like a drum rapidly that it might ripped out from my chest.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before i brushed my thumb over the screen, cautiously moved it to answer the call. My heart was still beating loudly as i shifted my phone over to my left ear, gulping the lump inside of my throat and exhaling a breath.

There was just silent, no one tried to say a word until i closed my eyes, catching a deep breath once again before i opened my lips.

"H-hello?" I stuttered, knowing that it would happen. A silence was taking over the entire atmosphere as i gritted my teeth, my palm clenched before i grabbed some parts of the sheets, nervously waiting for a response.

"Hey," a someone's voice echoed through the phone and filled my ear, my eyes widened at the response. I unconsciously gasped, immediately covering my lips using the palm of my hand. I felt my heart leaped at the another voice that was coming through the phone, almost screaming once i heard it.

The voice was so low, almost raspy like a tone of a man's voice that sent me into a nervous spiral of agitation. I gulped down my jaw as i shifted on my seat uncomfortably, a trail of sweat on my neck started become more visible as i tried to answer him back.

"Calum?" I asked unsurely, a slight of frown sculpted on my eyebrows. I heard a sigh of relieve from the other's part, making me smile in content at the sound.

"Luke," Calum responded. My heart was thumping loudly against my chest as i nibbled my bottom lip, finding myself become nervous once again.

I honestly thought that i would faint in a second after i heard his voice. Calum's voice. It was his real voice, and the thought of that caused my lips smiling ear to ear, couldn't help the urge not to be happy. But, what now? I'm terrible at starting a conversation, and i'm bad at picking topic, i couldn't do anything right when i am nervous.

"U-urhm," i started once again, trying so hard to start the conversation.

I heard a chuckle from the other's side, making my heart calm before i took a deep breath then exhaled it audibly.

"It's okay Luke, i get it," he said, surprising me. "I know who you are, we talked for enough time to know each other, inside and out," it came to my surprise that he answered me calmly without any nervousness holding his voice. Even his breath was steady and normal. Was i overreacting?

"Ah. Yes, sorry, i think i'm just too.. excited and nervous, ha..ha.." I responded, grimacing at my own tone of voice. Shit, i was so awkward and embarassing.

"Don't worry, i'm the same even though i don't sound like it. I've waited for this for three years, almost four years right now. It's December already," he said and i grimaced, playing with my own fingers after i realized that it must be hard for him.

"I'm sorry," i stated. My voice was firm that it almost surprised myself. "I'm sorry for making you to wait for me this long... i feels bad."

"Don't be sorry," Calum chuckled. "It's okay because i'm the one who decided to stay. I promised right?"

I nodded even though Calum couldn't see me, a soft smile applied upon my lips as i breathed out, wanting to answer his question. "Yeah, yeah, you promised, for me."

"For you, for both of us."

I felt my cheeks were burning after he said that, my heart was thumping loudly hearing his soft, gentle voice saying something sweet to me. My hands shivered slightly as i positioned myself, gulping down the lump inside my throat and smiling softly.

"Is this a fate?" I questioned with a slight frown appeared on my face, a curiosity taking over my entire my mind.

I knew that it sounded cliché but, my question was deeper than a sentence from a romantic movie, it was more deeper than anyone else would know, it had a more deeper meaning than a universe would understand.

I looked around the room, waiting for an answer from Calum as my ears caught a sound of my mum and Jack speaking downstairs, their laughs echoing throughout the house.

"Maybe? I don't know, but maybe a fate who brought us to meet each other. Or maybe god knows from the longest time that we were supposed to meet. Or maybe we were supposed to meet, but some consequences parted us from each other then something, through this supernatural thingy, brought us to meet each other. Who knows?"

"I see," i answered calmly. Way too calm.

Calum laughed. "How about you? What do you think? Is this a fate?"

Hearing that, i drowned myself into a deep thought, letting myself floating through the deepest part of my mind. Why me? Why Calum? Why us? Is this a fate? Is this planned?

"I- i think yes, this is a fate. If i didn't meet you, my life would be boring. I would just sit down in my class, hearing those boring math formulas. You lighten up my world, you're a sun, you're my sunshine."

"Then it's settled right? Our meeting wasn't a coincidence, but a fate. A sweet fate," he answered, a slight of breath could be heard.

"Yeah," i answered simply, smiling as i rubbed my thumb against the sheets momentarily, still feeling nervous a little.

"Okay, i'll meet you soon yeah? It's nice talking with you."

"Yeah, thank you for everything, really," i responded with a smile.

It was really nice, great, awesome, amazing, any words that made me really happy inside. A bowl of happiness being poured into my heart, emitting a twirling of joy inside my stomach as i nibbled my bottom lip, trying to resist the grin upon my lips. A little conversation could make me this happy. Now, i really wonder how it feels once i meet him, being hugged inside his arms, kissed by his lips, and get to know his real appearance.

"It's okay. Thank you for everything too," he said, a small chuckle escaped from his lips before he continued, "Ah, Luke?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Then, he hung up before i could say anything, leaving me all bewildered.