❞How'd be she able to erase her reminiscence now...?

Comincia dall'inizio

Those two words made Samiksha jerk her head up and watch her friends in utter shock. She felt dizzy, her breathing halted as she heard about the only man she ever wished to see.

Five years ago, her tongue had accidentally slipped a bit of information to them about her experience while sharing about her successful examination. She'd been sure that her name would be one of the top seventy to hit the list.

But in the enthusiasm, she'd blurted out about that particular handsome guy, whom she had kept in her little brain.

Her palms started to sweat and she fisted them as she tried to breathe. She tried to calm her mind but damn her hallucinations which were focused on a single man, making her hard to effortlessly inhale.

She still remembered that carved-to-perfection body, those dense black wavy hair, those impossibly dark eyes, a single dimple adoring his smile, that missing mustache, that tiny cut in his bushy brow, and that most beautiful face, which had been a mirror to disgust when her neighbors had restarted their make-out session.

Yes, she'd observed that too.

At first, she'd not believed him, as every man there, in that coach, had loved those sensuous moments between two lovers- except for her father who'd been sleeping for every five minutes. But when he'd hurriedly left the compartment to avoid the couple, she'd started to like him.

Like was a small word to describe her feelings now, as with years, her obsession had increased to a level of inconceivability. Initially, she had saved that paper with a sketch of his eyes from her book and kept it in her rough copy, so she would look at them now and then, lovingly caressing it as if it were his eyes.

But slowly, she'd started to daydream.

How'd it feel to look into those loving eyes, which had captured her? How'd it feel to hear his hushed voice again like a soft lullaby, lulling her to sleep every night? How'd it feel to have that brow under her fingers, caressing each minuscule hair on that prominent ridge? How'd it feel to be in his strong bronze arms, protecting her from everything?

Krishna- was the name she desired like an elixir to her life. There'd been a time when she'd hated the concept of love or marriage, but after having a wonderful clash in her life that day, she wanted nothing but to meet him and express her feelings to him.

After getting into AIIMS, each weekend she'd tried to go to D.U. Of course, not to get information about courses offered there but to meet him, to see if he remembered her.

But her medico life had always made it hard to do so. Living amidst white apron-ed zombies, creepy cadavers, smelling formalin, bone sets and dissection tools, chemicals and instruments, and most importantly millions and millions of books, she had been tired to death.

And, to sprinkle the salt on her wounds, the damned campuses of both institutes were far too large to accidentally meet like in the Bollywood movies, so bloody corny all those movies were. Thus, she'd kept him and his images within herself, in her dreams like a magical man, her Prince Charming, her first love.

"Iksha, are you all right?", Xavier's concerned voice cut through the images of his eyes, "Doll, why aren't you breathing?", he asked kneeling beside her, holding her face in his hand and Alisha started to rub her back.

Samiksha watched her friends in a daze. Her memories replayed like a broken record. Finally, pulling out of her reverie, she stood straight. She started for the door to exit, "I... I am feeling a little suffocating... I'll wait outside.", muttering she left the room at once.

She heard her friends mumbling something under their breath but she ignored it.

An open atmosphere enveloped her in its loving essence. Gliding near the entrance, she leaned against the main gate and stared straight ahead, the yellow houses and greenery of Ajni Railway Colony were meddling in her view.

That was the place where she'd enjoyed most of her school vacations, her company being her Aajoba -her sweet grandpa and the constant company of Xavier from home to there as his grandfather was a neighbor to her grandparents.

She inhaled a long, deep breath, "What are you doing to me?", she placed her hands over the grill bars of the gate and closed her eyes, "Why are you doing this to me?", she murmured as her eyes burned with tears, "Why Krishna... why... why... why...?"

It appeared as if his ghost would come for her and answer to her each question, as if his fingers would lovingly skim over her hair while he smiled at her. But they were left unanswered, her hair left untouched.

Some questions had to be left as they were, as their answers could fill joy in one's life or crush them to nothing. Those questions would break her heart if she kept running behind them.

She waited for the moment when everything would dissipate- if she was lucky enough for that to happen.

But she didn't want to be lucky enough. How'd be she able to erase her reminiscence now...?

?