Questions Unanswered

Ryan's POV

We were finally allowed in the room only to see Alexa laying with tubes in her mouth and a her now shaved head wrapped in gauze. She looked nothing like the old Alexa I fell in love with. She was now nothing but skin and bones and her once olive skin now was more like porcelin. Her long brown hair was now gone but I knew my Alexa was still in there she had to be.

I slowly sat in the chair at the far side of the room watching as John and Vivian went to each side of the bed. John instantly grabbed ahold of Alexa's hand as if it was his lifeline. I had always heard him call her his princess but it wasnr until that moment that I really saw that it wasn't a nickname in his eye that was exactly what she was to him.

I leaned in to hear John start to sing a song I had never heard before but almost instantly started crying and rested her head on Alexa's chest wanting to be as close as possible. It was a moment I was glad I saw but I also felt like I was intruding.

"I never knew a love like this until I met you,

I never knew hurt until you cried,

My heart skipped a beat when you first called me daddy,

The joy the heartache I'll always be by your side,

My angel my baby my princess you are,

My salvation my heart and my soul,

My love is with you always near or far."

Hours went by waiting for any sign of Alexa to wake up but it never came. The nurse came and went all trying to avoid eye contact while checking her vitals. I knew there was something thy weren't telling us but I wanted to stay positive and leave it as I was over reacting.

"Ryan man why don't you go home for a bit change and shower you're starting to smell." Joey said lightly punching me in the arm.

"Yeah Ryan honey there's nothing we can do here but wait and John and I will be here in case she wakes up and we will call you if anything changes." Vivian said from her seat next to John. I hadn't seen either of them move in a long time but I knew that she was right.

"Ok I will go for a little while to shower but I'm just a phone call away and I can be here as soon as I can if she wakes up." I said deciding that if I just sat there it was going to drive me crazy.

"So I know this is probably not the best time to bring this up but what do you think about me asking out Sarah?" Joey asked as soon as we were out of the room.

"Well I think that you finally pulled your head out of your ass." I said laughing as I pushed him a little bit.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked confused.

"Dude she's had the hots for you since probably kindergarten." I said walking out into the warm sunlight and suddenly felt bad about leaving. But I knew that there was digging to do to find out who Abigail was to Alexa and who was the person driving the car.

I left Joey standing in the parking lot thinking about what I had just told him. I rolled my eyes as I drove away with him smiling like the idiot he is. I drove home and showered before driving back to that little one story house. This time the lady in the wheelchair wasn't sitting outside. I lookd around at the neighborhood it wasn't the fanciest and I noticed the house next door looked like it had been condemed years ago. I wanted so bad to go to the house to talk to the mother but I didn't know what to say.

"Excuse me ma'am my girlfriend is in a coma and when they woke her up she mentioned your daughter but I don't think they ever met." Yeah that would go over well and probably get me a one way ticket to the mental institution.

I decided to go find Amanda and try to find out at least one of the questions I needed answered.