Stranger things have happened.

A/N Sorry it's been way to long since i've uploaded but I promise now I have more time on my hands. Thank you to my loyal readers.

Love always, Lis

Ryan's POV

After driving around for another hour I decided it was time to go back to the hospital at least to check on Vivian and John. As I walked through the automatic doors and down the long sterile halls my heart sank more and more. I slowly opened the door to the waiting room to see Joey and Sarah on the floor playing with the twins. It's about time they got together Sarah's had a crush on him since kindergarten and Joey is the only person who didn't notice.

John and Vivian lookd as if they hadn't moved since I left Vivian was still balled up in John's arms. Vivian's eyes focused on the floor and swollen from crying. John holding her whispering 'It will be ok.' Every minute as if he was a cd stuck on repeat. It was as if there was something on the floor that held there attention. I quickly looked at the spot on the floor evn though I knew there was nothing there.

"Ryan you came back." Joey looked up and said.

"Yeah had to see you playing nanny." I said with a half smirk on my face.

"You don't look so good." Sarah said standing up holding Lucy.

"Good then I look the way I feel." I said holding my arms out to hold Lucy. While I'm here I might as well be productive.

"I think I'm going to head down to the cafeteria to get some coffee and snacks. Joey wanna help?" Sarah said stretching her back and heading for the door I just came through.

"Sure." He said laying down Jude before bouncing up and out the door.

"I think they sense the tension in here." I said to Lucy who just cooed and smiled at me. I wish I was Lucy or Jude right now not a care in the world.

"It will be ok." I heard John say. I didn't think anything of it until I realize he is talking to me.

"I know sir I'm just terrified." I said sitting down on the floor.

"I know this waiting game is the worst." Vivian said cuddling closer to her husband. Seeing that made me want to go in the operating room right then to just hold Alexa's hand.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gallagher?" A small lady in scrubs came in and asked in a low voice.

"Yes that's us." Vivian and John said standing up quickly.

"If you'd like to step out here with me." She said eyeing me.

"No this is Alexa's boyfriend anything you tell us he deserves to know too." Vivian said stepping back and holding onto my shoulder.

"Ok well there were some complications with the surgery we weren't sure that she was going to make it but Alexa is a fighter and she pulled through..." The doctor said as I felt Vivian almost collapse.

"When can we see her?" John asked coming over to steady Vivian as if he could sense her.

"She's in recovery now but as soon as she gets settled into her room then you can see her." She said before walking out of the room.

"Oh thank God John our baby is going to be ok." She said hugging John as he kissed her on top of her head.

"Vi? How is she?" A tall blonde lady asked peeking her head in the door before coming in.

"Gwen thank God you're here. She's out of surgery we can see her soon. They said she's a fighter." Vivian said hugging the woman.

"Why don't I take the twins home and watch them so you can stay with Lex." She said eyeing me.

"Oh sorry Gwen this is Ryan, Alexa's boyfriend. Ryan this is my sister Gwen." Vivian said turning to me.

Alexa's POV

"I've apologized multiple times to your mother about the past and I've promised her that I've changed but she would still never let me see you." My dad said holding a picture of me when I was a baby.

"Yeah well in all of that do you really blame her." I said standing up.

"No I don't I've always loved you guys and that was a dark time in my life when she left with you." He said standing up.

"There's a difference she didn't leave you killed her." I yelled as he looked at me puzzled before I stormed out the door. Going to see my father was a bad idea I should have just left it as it was.

I ran from his front yard down the street to my mom's house. To find my mom sitting at the table reading a magazine and drinking tea. I don't know how long I will be here hopefully not long so it was time to say good bye. I was getting tired so I had better make it fast.

"Hi mami." I said kissing her head and smelling her lavender scent.

"Mi amor how was your visit?" She asked closing her magazine.

"It was amazing I missed them." I said crawling into her lap.

"What's wrong you haven't done this since you were little.

"Nothing I'm just tired." I said resting my head on her shoulder.

"Well then go to bed." She said laughing brushing my hair out of my face.

"Will you come lay with me?" I asked looking at her.

"Sure." She said following me to my room. She laid with me rubbing my back humming a Spanish lullaby soothing me to sleep.

"Mami" I said sleep taking over me.

"Yes baby."

"I love you and I will never forget you." I said before falling asleep