You did what?!?!

So I decided to keep going with the story but my computer completely crashed and i wasn't able to get to my story to add on this is a very short chapter but I am working on another chapter today and this time I will make sure to update more often. Hope you like!

Alexa’s POV

I spent a few more hours listening to my grandparent talk about my father and how he had changed and they thought he was a better man but I didn’t believe it. Couldn’t believe it. I quickly said my good-byes. I didn’t know how long I would be here but I had to see my dad for myself. Wow I truly was an orphan. I had asked my grandpa where my father lived now and set off into the beautiful weather to find him. This had to be heaven the weather here was always beautiful never a cloud in the sky. I missed the feel of rain. There was so much more that I wanted to do in my life but first I need to know if this is heaven how did my father get here. 

This was a question I would soon get answered as I walked up the sidewalk to a small one story house. There was a gnome sitting on the front porch and I felt a shiver running down my spine. These things always creeped me out. What if that was a bad omen? I’m coming to see the guy who killed my mother and screwed me up for life. 

“Can I help you?” A man said and I came face to face with the man who ruined my life.

“Hi dad.” I said looking down. I’ve never been around him without him hitting me before.

“Alexa?” He asked before wrapping me in a hug.

“Ummm… what are you doing here?” I asked quickly squirming out of his hug.

“I live here Alexa. I could ask you the same thing.” He said motioning me to come in.

“You’re different.” I said looking at him.

“I’ve changed I realized how awful of a person I was and got some help. After your mom died and I went to jail I had to get a lot of help and when that didn’t work I tried to hurt myself very badly and when I woke up here I decided to change.” He said looking at his hands. Those were the hands that caused so many broken bones and bruises.

“You mean you committed suicide?” I asked in shock.

“I tried to but I woke up in the hospital here and things were different.”