Chapter Seven.....The new guy

Start from the beginning

Hello? ...Someone? Anyone?!

I yelled for help in the pitch darkness of the room, searching my way out from all direction. I went front, back, left and right; all in all brought me nowhere closer to finding my way out. My heart began to ache.

Someone... PLEASE! ...Anyone?...Please help me find my way out... Don't leave me here all alone.

Please...

I let out a faint cry, without realising, tears were actually rolling down my cheeks. My heart trembled in fear and anxiety. Just where in the world am I?

I searched one more round, hoping to have better luck this time.

There was no hope at all. There was no limit to the capacity of this room. I can walk for hours non-stop -which I already did- but still could not stumble upon an end or an exit. I did not even come across a single wall or any other objects be it a furniture or anything of that sort. Nothing at all. There was only me, the hard cemented floor and darkness everywhere. The rest was all silence.

In defeat, I drop on my knees and began weeping and screeching in despair.

I felt empty. Lonely. Disheartened.

I am alone in this unknown world. Forever. My whimper only got louder at the despairing thought.

Would there be anyone who would care? Would anyone come search for me? Or would they live nonchalantly, unaffected by my absence?

My tears dried up and my throat felt lump. Immediately, I thought about my family; all the times we had spent together. I laughed bitterly at our funny memory. Their faces are painted as clear and as bright as the moon in my mind. I did not realise how much I miss them and love them this greatly until this very moment.

My strong and loving parents, Hamzah and Karimah.

My loyal ally in fighting, Aishah.

My cute innocent little sister, Toyyibah.

And last but not least, my brothers, Hakim and Zaki. Although we fought numerous times, our love for each other remained strong. There is not a doubt in my mind that if I were to be in trouble, they will be the first one in line to come to my rescue and be by my side. I felt blessed having them as my family.

I wondered what are they doing as of now. Are they thinking of me? Will they come search for me? I smiled bitterly. Although my heart ached for them to come rescue me yet again, deep down in my heart, I'd rather them not and for them to simply forget me. The thought was sorrowful but it's for the best. Who would want want me anyway; a person of bad luck? Even I would not want me.I have finally accepted this fate of mine as I settled myself in this peaceful silence.

A few minutes had passed in this deathly silence. My heart felt empty but I ignored the feeling and kept my mouth shut.

"Let me go," I suddenly heard the loud cry of someone who sounded like they were being choked or something, "someone, help me!"

What was that?

I turned my head around and saw a big rectangular light which stood out in this darkness. Maybe it will lead me to the exit or something. I stared blankly at it.

Would I?

The sound of that person was quite unsettling; I sensed danger already. But hearing something besides this deadly silence was refreshing and it did calm me down a little bit. At least now I know that I am not all alone.

The guy scream again a hoarse scream. He sounded like he was getting beaten up.

"Someone..please..anyone..." His faint cry as though he had given up all hope that anyone could have heard him shook me. He reminded me of myself somehow- the feeling of hopelessness that constantly hunts my life.