-Chapter 7-

Days passed, and it was Halloween.

I re-applied my nude lipstick and adjusted the big feathery wings behind my back. I was going as an angel for Halloween. I put on my headband with a halo hanging above it. I straightened out my light turquoise dress that came up to above my knees and put on my white flats.

Nicole and I were going to a halloween party down the street. There were already kids in the street, running door to door and asking for candy.

I loved Halloween, mostly the spooky movies I would always end the night off while munching down on chocolate and sweets.

I went dowstairs as I heard a few knocks on the door. I opened the door, expecting to be met by kids dressed in silly costumes, but instead it was Nicole, grinning with a nurse's hat on her head and a really really short nurse outfit. She skipping in and I looked at her. "Where's the rest of the outfit?" I laughed and she rolled her eyes. "Yours looks like it needs to be cut way shorter, what are you? A nun?" she asked and I smiled. "An angel actually" I said.

"Boo!" someone yelled and both Nicole and I shrieked and jumped. A fireman was standing by the door and he lifted his helmet, revealing Justin, wearing a big smile. "Hey you scared us!" Nicole said and he smiled, wrapping his arm around her waist and planting a kiss on her lips.

I looked down and swallowed hard. Nicole and Justin started dating since he kissed her that night. Its been kinda tough for me since I liked Justin, but clearly he doesnt like me so I guess I should get over him. But it was hard since he was so cute, and a really good boyfriend. Nicole explained how her and Justin's first date went.

He took her out on a nice dinner, then went on a walk in the park and he gave her a rose, telling her that he liked her and wanted to get to know her more and go out on more dates.

I smiled and nodded and said things like "aww" and "how sweet" every once in a while as she told me everything, but inside I was upset. I liked Justin but I knew she did too since day one. And of course he would like her..shes gorgeous.

But anyway..back to reality.

Justin and Nicole looked at each other for a few seconds and he pecked her lips before they looked at me. I quickly put a smile on my face and stood up straight. "Come on, lets go to that party unless you guys wanna stay here and canoodle" I joked and kept the fake smile on my face. "Canoodle? Is that even a word?" Justin laughed and my cheeks heated up fast.

Great. This isnt make-your-own-word day Cassidy.

"Whatever, lets just go" I was sick of being the third wheel but Nicole was my best friend and Justin was our neighbor. I frowned at how them being together upset me.

Thats it. I have one mission tonight and thats gonna be: Get wasted.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a while we got to the party and I saw someone I recognised. "Oh my gosh, Matthew?" the dark haired boy turned around and he smiled at me. "No freaking way, Cassidy McCarthy" he said and I hugged him. "I havent seen you in ages" he said and I nodded. "Like since high school" I said.

Matthew and I used to be best friends too in high school, hes also a pretty nerdy guy and we clicked fast cause we loved the same thing. And yes he was cute, but he was like a brother to me and he also said to me that Im the best sister he never had.

"You have to give me your number so we can hang out some time" he said and I took out my phone and handed it to him. "Put your number in my phone" I said and he smiled, typing it in. I looked up and down at him. He was wearing a spiderman costume, but no mask. I turned around expecting to see Nicole and Justin, but no sign of them.

Matthew gave my phone back and I smiled at him. "Let me get you a drink and we can talk a bit" he said and I nodded, him walking off to the bar and I looked around at everyone in their costumes. There were probably 10 girls who were cats, I saw a few vampires and a guy with a Batman costume. I hadnt seen an angel costume yet besides the opposite of me; guys and girls with devil horns and red clothes. I spotted Nicole and Justin in the crowd, dancing together to the loud music that was playing.

I decided to ignore them and faced Matthew who was smiling and brought me a drink. "Thanks Matt" I smiled at him and took it, quickly taking a sip and coughing. "Holy shit thats straight up vodka and cranberry juice" I coughed and he laughed. "Im sorry, I shouldve warned you" he said and I laughed as my coughing fit died down. "Nah its okay, its good" I said and took another sip. "Lets go outside, there's less noise" he said and I nodded.

Once we got out on the lawn, we sat down. "So hows life been since high school?" he asked and I took another sip of my drink. "Pretty good, I own a dog groomers and I have a house down the street" I said. "and how's the love life?" he smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Well nothing right now, what about yourself?"

"Also nothing, the girl I had broke up with me recently" he took a sip of his drink.

"Aw why?"

"She said she missed her ex so yeah..that happened" he said and I looked at him. "Aw Im sorry..were you guys serious?" I asked. "Yeah we dated for about a month" he said and I nodded. "Well Im sorry to hear about that, Im sure the right girl will come along soon" I said and he cracked a small smile. "And Im sure you'll find a guy soon too" he said and I took another sip of my drink. The vodka didnt taste as strong anymore and I finished my drink pretty soon.

"Want another?" Matthew asked and I looked at him and nodded, handing him my cup. "Thanks" I said and he went inside. I looked at the house and there were people outside everywhere, dancing, talking, drinking. I spotted Nicole and Justin through the window and he they were still dancing, her grinding up to him and he had his head by her neck, probably kissing her neck or something. Well great. My best friend is now banging our neighbor.

The neighbor I was crushing on.

I groaned. Cmon Cassidy you gotta move on. And I gotta remember what I said to myself earlier; I was gonna get wasted.

As if on cue, Matthew came back with a drink and I smiled, taking it from him greatfully and taking a big sip. "Woah there" he chuckled and I smiled at him. "What?"

"Nothing.." he smiled.

I was planning on having alot more of these drinks.

HopefullyI could drink away all my feelings for Justin. 

_____________________________________________

Hey guys!

So sorry I havent updated in like 2 weeks but Ive been busy with family stuff.

BTW HOW DAMN EMOTIONAL IS I'LL SHOW YOU?

Purpose is gonna slay everything and everyone and Im so proud of my Justy bear.

I dont have an updating schedule but I try and update maybe once or twice or a week

I loooove you guys, please vote and comment and share, ya know the drill.

Till next time guys xx