13) Ex Boyfriend

Addiction

13) Ex Boyfriend

Previously

  "You have a visitor." Ryan lowly snarled as he moved out of the way, only for a recent ex of Jade to be standing outside with a confused look on his face. 

''Who the fuck are you?'' Ryan pulled the younger man in by his t-shirt which had risen upwards due to Ryan's force.

''I... um, I'm Jade's ex Steve.'' You could see the fear and confusion on Steve's face as his eyes went from a shocked Jade to an angry Ryan who's fist were clenched and ready to fight. He was irritated that this man had the nerve to come back to Jade's home and probably ask for her back.

''You're an ex for a reason, get out.'' Ryan was taller and bigger then Steve which made him intimidating.

''Hey, look Ryan calm down... Just go back upstairs and I'll be there in a second.'' There was a silence between the three adults, Ryan was staring at Jade as if she had gone crazy to even ask if her and her ex could be alone in the same room. Steve was wide eyed as he tried not to look at his Ryan's knuckles that were white from how tight he was clenching.

''Woman, are you mad?'' Ryan released Steve and placed his hands on his hips as his body turned towards Jade

Jade bit her bottom lip nervously at the look Ryan had given her, it made her uneasy and fidgety. ''Ryan...'' Jade trailed off his name and gave him a look.

Ryan scoffed, turned off and walked up the stairs. Not long before the door was slammed shut loudly and echoed the silent house.

''What do you want, Steve?'' Jade leaned against the wall and crossed her  arms as she waited for his answer.

''You, Jade. For a long time now. It was a mistake that I broke up with you, we were both not ready for a relationshi--''

''I don't think that's how it went. Remember, me and you were together and you cheated on me and I found out and we broke up and that's it.'' Jade's voice was more louder, and she was sure that Ryan could hear.

Jade saw the look on Steve's face, and she wasn't having any of it. She wasn't going to accept the shitty apology that was about to come out of his mouth in a few seconds.

''Just get out and don't ever come to my house. Again.'' Jade stormed over to the front door, threw it open and it slammed against the wall. ''Out.'' She pointed towards outside.

''Jade just listen to me and hear me--'' Jade cut him off by walking towards him, the look on her face proved that she was angry. She was close to tears as she remember all the hurt and pain she went through when she thought Steve was the one for her.

Steve's mouth opened to say something else but he was cut off by him sucking in a deep breath, Jade furrowed her eyebrows as she took a step away from Steve who had wide eyes and had stopped breathing.

All of a sudden, he coughed up blood and Jade gasped loudly once Steve's face went bright red and bruises formed around his neck as if he had been strangled.

Then his body dropped as if all his muscles had given up.

Jade held back her shocked scream, and rushed towards Steve's body that was on the floor in a uncomfortable position.

She shook his body that refused to respond as her eyes watered. ''Steve? What the hell is happening?!''

Jade didn't take notice of the footsteps that came down the stairs but only on trying to find a pulse, Steve's body had already gone ice cold as his skin gone almost a light blue.