8) Presentation Gone Wrong

Addiction

8) Presentation Gone Wrong

Ryan as the man in the gif ^

Jade walked into work the next morning with a smile on her face as she walked up to the main desk where Chloe, her work friend, sat as she typed away. ''Hey.'' She said, her hands placed on the high desk and Chloe looked up from her keyboard.

''Hey, how have you been?'' Chloe stood up from her chair and walked around the desk.

''Been good, have we got any meetings today or notices?'' 

Once Jade asked, Chloe snapped her fingers. ''That reminds me, boss said there's a meeting in the usual place for a monthly check up.'' 

Jade nodded her head, she knew what that meant. Her boss does these monthly check ups where certain workers sit together and gather what they have done through the past month. It's a presentation that proves you're up to task.

''You have to be there too?'' Jade asked.

Chloe rolled her eyes, ''Yeah, I hate those meetings.'' 

Jade nodded her head in agreement. They both thought it was pointless, but whatever the boss says, they go along with it, unless they don't want their job.

''What times the meeting?'' Jade asked as she looked at her watch. 08:23.

''9 o'clock.'' Chloe replied, she sat back down in her chair as Jade sat in the spare chair.

''Hope you don't mind.'' Jade said as she got comfortable, she slouched in the chair as she stretched her muscles.

''So anything new about your stalker?'' Chloe asked, her whole face proved that she was curious and interested.

Jade shook her head, ''No actually. I haven't got any notes or flowers for a few days.''

''I guess that's a good thing. Maybe he gave up?'' Chloe suggested as she turned back to her keyboard.

Jade shrugged her shoulders, ''I hope so. That's the last thing I need right now.'' 

Chloe raised an eyebrow and turned back to Jade, ''What's up?'' A look of concern on her face.

Jade looked at Chloe for a second, wondered if she should tell her, Chloe was a quiet girl, she wasn't one to gossip.

As Chloe continued to type on her keyboard as she waited patiently for Jade to reply, Jade sucked in a breath and opened her mouth a few times before she closed it properly.

''Look, you don't have to tell me if it's that private.'' She gave Jade a smile.

''It's not, it's just a bit embarrassing, since it has something to do with a guy.'' This had Chloe's body frozen, she turned her head slowly towards Jade.

''You, as in Jade Beth? Had something to do with a guy?'' Chloe's jaw dropped, Jade wasn't offended as she knew what Chloe meant. She wasn't insulting her appearances, but Chloe knew that Jade was never the romantic type or relationship type.

''Yup.'' Jade popped the P as she laughed, ''But it didn't end well.''

Chloe raised her eyebrows, ''How so?'' Chloe moved her chair closer to Jade once she looked around.

''Well, I met this guy... his name is Ryan Blaze...'' And from there, Jade explained the whole situation, making sure she didn't miss out any information to prove how bad the situation was. She included their first date and the questions Ryan asked, to the morning after they slept with each other and what happened.