Opression

Good news!! Well you could easily tell from the cover :)
I won't spoil anything. Just read this chapter and find out what happens.
Enjoy!

I took some rest and woke up with some one barging in my room scarring me.
By time I got up to shoot, I noticed who it was.
Runner.
A smile latched on him.
"Booker!" He exclaimed, hugging me. Really odd for him to do that.
"Glad to see you." He said, lending me a carbine. "Have this. My men are ready to fight. We decided to head on out."
"Carful." I said, checking my carbine.
"Why's that?"
"Song Bird. I saw him out here."
"How far?" His chin raised in concern. I'd do the same thing.
"At the third quarter of this city. We're half way through the city. So Song Bird is only a quarter away."
"Is it just Song Bird?"
"I don't know Runner. One thing I can tell you is that I spotted a few oncoming airships.. Do you have the fire power to take them down?"
His eyes clarified a daring gaze. "I hope so. We're going to fight Comm Stock." Runner dismissed himself by the door, stopping. "You can come with us or not. Either way, we will gain victory Booker."
I didn't have time to respond. He just let as he said that.
Fighting Comm Stock is what want to do.. First, I need to get Elizabeth. She's in danger.
Getting to her before Runner and his men do is a priority.
What's the fastest and convenient way to the tower?
Going straight is fast, not smart though.
Maybe the docks could reach me to Elizabeth quicker. It is away from the city, where the action would take place.
Alright that's where I'll go.
I went outside to meet Runner on the streets, taking position.
"Booker, are you deciding to coming with us?" He asked tilting up his hat.
"I'm taking the docks."
"That's where I'm going." He smiled.
Is this a good thing that he's going the docks as I am?
If Comm Stock sees me with him, I'm sure he'll send his whole army directly to me and those around me.
"Runner." I jogged up to him, briefing him on my opinion. "You can't come with me. If you do, you'll have a higher chance of putting you and your men in jeopardy. I don't want that. If anything.. I want you to stay here in town and fight."
"We're soldiers." Proudly he announced himself. Not proud in pride. Proud in courage and bravery.
"If I die, it'll be by your side. At least I went KIA by someone I could trust. Would you want to die alone? Do you favor that fortune?"
Runner had a way in his motivational speech, moving me to wanna run to Elizabeth.
He's right about dying alone. I'd never want that.
My family didn't die alone. As I shouldn't either.
Being buried alive is top of the line my worst night mare.. But dying alone.. That's what my fear is.
You could die by someone you don't know and that's enough comfort for you.
It may sound selfish for you to want to be by someone, but it's true. No one in this world would want to die alone.
I stood silent, accepting what I fortune.
"Exactly.." Runner read my face, he knew what I preferred. "Now I want to ask this to you. We're both heading to the docks.. Right?"
I nodded.
"Do you want us to fight by your side?"
Each soldier crowded their face, expressing the look that tells that their ready to fight and if anything, ready to die..
Battle born people surrounded me.
I couldn't deny this. So I formed up my answer.
"Yes. We will fight together on this."
Every soldier lifted their rifles under optimism. "Ohh-rah!" They shouted.
Runner smirked as I smiled.
Roger made his way up to us, holding a revolver.
"Let us go then." He announced.
Gladly we went on, straight to the docks.

                                         ...

     I heard Comm Stock cursing the thin air as I ran away. He sure flew mad from me leaving, like I care about that. Athletic is an issue for Comm Stock, he's too old to run. His only option to catch me is controlling Song Bird.
He'll have troubles finding me.
For I'm heading straight for the docks. I'll be safe their away from the guards and the war raging town.
Something big is about to happen. I don't want to be a part of it. I know Booker wouldn't want to be a part of this. If anything, he should be gliding down the decks as I am.
If I happen to see Booker. How will we get to Paris?
Our airship crashed down to bits. Maybe..  Hmmm.
I directed myself to the sky. Thinking of a way.
Multiple airships passed the town, shining spot lights.
"That's it!" I exclaimed to myself. Hiding in the shadows.
Booker and I could take an airship. We could run away from this mess and go off on our own.
I felt myself urge in excitement. How could I not want to freak out and scream?
I'm on a stealth mission, screaming is the last thing I want to do.. Actually it's what I don't want to do at all.
Okay.. So around me are multiple guards, all tall. Walking formally against the docks.
A few numbers positioned themselves on the docks, surrounding the rails. I'm not close to the rails. I'm under a shady region, away from the boarders.
Passing them will be easy.
The wind makes this mission easier for me, sounding loud. Gusting through the quiet air, disobeying it's routine of silence.
Even the smell of this wind is distracting. Smells of old fire, burnt wood and the smell of early fall.
I like this kind of aroma. Reminds me of the burned house me and Booker traveled to a while back, where he mentioned to me how he got those letters branded on his hands. .
I miss that moment.. I miss every moment I had with him. Even the moments where he yelled and shouted at me over anger.
Technically I'm missing everything I've done with him and what he's done to me.
Besides the wind. I have nature on my side. Lots of birds stay on the boarders of the docks, distracting the guards to appeal at them.
One thing I don't have on my side..
Time.
The most valuable asset.
It's only matter of time before the break out of war begins and when Song Bird catches Booker or me.
I hope with my everything that Booker is okay..