Enforced

"Booker." Elizabeth whispered frantically. "Booker get up!"
She rocked him till his eyes opened.
"What?" he groaned.
"We need to move." She pointed out the window in fear.
Booker heaved up and glanced outside. "Damn... " was all he said.
Guards were around busting down doors searching for them.
"What do we do?" Elizabeth whined.
"Stay behind me.." In a breeze Booker geared up and steadied his pistol. "They won't leave until they find us."
"What's your plan?" She whispered. "Go out there?"
"No. We'll sneak across.- see that vent?"
She nodded.
"That's our way out, I want you to go first."
Elizabeth listened, crawling herself into the modest vent. Booker followed behind listening intently to the rushing feet outside.
Luckily they left into the vents. Soon as they left, guards knocked down the door and searched for them. None had the common sense to peer into the vent system.
Idiots.
"That was close." Elizabeth whispered.
"I know."
Once Elizabeth crawled outside the vent, an open room stood before her. Guards starred at her pitching their rifles up. They didn't think about shooting until Booker showed himself.
All eyes affixed to Booker, except for Elizabeths. She beaked for cover. "Run!" Booker shouted.
"Kill the false prophet!" Voiced a commander.
Immediately they began to open fire, Booker reflected their actions shooting back. Successfully he took down a few guards.
Booker evaded himself to a wall beside Elizabeth.
"Booker we're surrounded."
"Not for long."
Submitted bursts of bullets plunged into the wall, easing to Booker.
"Ah!" Elizabeth screamed. "I don't like this." She whined.
Booker ignored her, boosting himself at some guards.
Pop, pop. Bang bang!
Elizabeth covered her ringing ears and crouched in despair. Gunfire glued across the room and soon stopped.
"C'mon." Booker commanded, merely out of breath.
Elizabeth glanced at him full of angst, scarred to get up.
"Hey-" his voice softened.
Elizabeth starred at him in hesitation.
"I'll pull you up." Slowly Booker offered his hand to hers. "We need to go okay?."
She nodded, taking his hand.
"Are you alright?" Empathy delivered from him, Elizabeth adored this.
"Just get me out of here."
Booker acknowledged her and sprinted out of the room. He grabbed Elizabeth's hand as he made a run for it.
Butterflies filled Elizabeth's eyes.
She noticed Booker's hands full of sweat, anger and courage. His eyes narrowed from left to right on the look out for more guards. He kept his hands steady and ready for combat.
Booker's determination made her feel safe, that they will make it.

Hours passed and Elizabeth was worn out, tired and required large amounts of rest.
Booker on the other hand didn't flinch from exhaustion. He kept on killing guards, dodging gunfire, passing treacherous obstacles and causing havoc upon any threat in his way.
They made their way out of the danger side of town and up to the platforms.
Rarely any activity showed up there, seemed a little eerie to Booker. Last time they peered at the platforms guards mounted every corner.
Maybe they all left to search for them or perhaps made their way to the airship..
The best way to reach the air ship faster is through the storage facility. Which is a huge maze of rooms and containers.
"Booker- g-give me a minute." Said Elizabeth. Standing seemed difficult for her. "My legs feel like spaghetti."
"Elizabeth we're almost there. Just hang on for a few more minutes."
"I-I can't." She couldn't. She fell straight on the floor holding her hips. "Can we please rest here Booker? I mean look around. We're inside a storage room they can't find us here. There's hundreds more of these rooms. Finding us will be like finding a needle in a haystack."
Booker sighed. "Alright. Take a rest here. I'll be on the look out."
"No." She said quickly. "Stay here with me. Please?"
Booker didn't look at her. If he did, he'd immediately stay, which he can't. He needs to find more supplies as he has the opportunity. His Luger can't last him a guarantee to survival, not with half a clip left it can't.
"Elizabeth I'm going to search for supplies. I need better equipment and It's not like you can pull a weapon from thin air.."
Elizabeth crunched her face in (for the people that played Bioshock, y'all understand this x) )
She hid her eyes from his not saying a word.
"What?" He shrugged.
"I-I actually can."
Booker's eyes widened. "What?" He laughed. "You. You c-can pull a weapon out from the thin clean air? I don't have time for jokes Eliz-"
"It's not a joke." She thrusted. "I'm serious." She crossed her arms, settling an explanation. "I can get any object in the world and place it here. It's not simple to do it though. I need to find a tear, which it looks like a field of distorting heat."
Booker didn't budge a blink.
"A tear is an opening to another world.. Tears allow me to get certain things.. It depends if that world holds what we need."
"I don't believe this."
"Don't." She said sadly. "I'm not expecting you to."
"If you can pull out a weapon right here and right now I'll believe you."
"There's no tear around for me to open."
"What about that?" Booker pointed to some weird field of distortion.
Elizabeth gasped. "That's a tear!!"
"Shh.. Don't yell so loudly."
Elizabeth ignored him and went up to the tear..
And did her magic.
From thin air she pulled out a rifle.
"Here." Casually she threw the gun to him, proving her point. "Do you believe me now?"
Booker nodded, stunned.
"Sorry I haven't told you about this before.. I didn't want to tell you about this because I thought that if I told you you'd think of me as some sort of freak.. Or a monster."
Booker lowered his voice. "That's silly."
Elizabeth addressed onto his eyes, strangled.
"Why would I look at you as some lunatic? just because you could do things no one else can doesn't mean you're a freak.." Booker plucked closer to Elizabeth, proud of his new gun she gifted him.
"Elizabeth. If I told you what I've done you'd see me as an insidious fool. I'm a catastrophe blinded by blood and vengeance. All I can think about is Anna. She's all I got left to have hope.."
Elizabeth tensed her shoulders.
She knows Anna is consuming his mind just as much as his vengeance. She didn't deny Booker on being a fool. He is one, but he's not a monster.
"No. You're not a monster."
"Then what am I?" Sorrow pains and anger came from his voice. He became deepened into his past.
"You're my hero."
Booker widened his eyes shocked. He never expected her to say something like that. How is he a hero to her?
He's been treating her like shit. He's been crappy to her.
"She must be joking." He thought.
But she wasn't. The look on her face expressed a genuine smile.
She meant it.
"Booker." She cooed. "When we fell out the tower from Song Bird, we were falling into that water. We were going to die.. But we didn't." Elizabeth shifted herself away. "I wasn't going to die- it was more like you were. And I didn't want you to die. So I opened up a tear and-"
Booker contended a sly smile. This form of expression never hit on his face.
"You saved me?" He interrupted.
She nodded. "I didn't want you to die.."
"Elizabeth that's.."
"It's what?" Easily her cheeks became red.
Booker sensed her as nervous, as he too was nervous.
"That's great of you to save me. I owe you one."
Elizabeth smiled.
The two of them starred at each other in depth.
Booker lost himself in her perfect eyes, he wanted her.
He doesn't want her for business either.
He wants her for himself.
Elizabeth wanted to touch his lips and wanted him to hold her.
Yet he did not.
Booker placed himself away from her quickly. "Uh we need to move. Guards could show up any moment."
"Oh.. O-okay."
She ran with Booker, full of spirited energy.