Nami x Male!Reader

Here you were, sitting on the edge of the peer. Watching them leave you behind. You took a deep breath as you smiled at the woman. Her eyes filled with tears and her friends around her waved with smiles on there faces.

Days earlier, you were laying on a beach, covered in bandages, bleeding out and close to death. But once you woke up, you saw an angel. Thinking you were in heaven, after asking if you were dead, the girl smiled and shook her head. She spoke with such anger and happiness in her voice, you fell deeply for her.

Every night she would come check on you. You once stole a kiss but it was never returned. It was left there, with no meaning of coming back. You didn't mind. She still came and helped the doctor whenever she could.

The more you were on the ship, the more you saw her smile, her laugh, her get angry at her friends. She was a perfect person. She helped with your bandages, and told you stories of the crew's adventures. How they beat her demon Arlong. How her captain went through hell and back just to give hell to that fishman for making her cry. You could see how she cared for this crew, how this was her family.

That's why you didn't ask her to come with you. That's why you were here, on this dock, alone. Waving to a girl you thought you would grow old with. The first words to you kept ringing in your ears.

"No, you're alive.. My name is Nami. I'm so glad to see you're alive."