Chapter 19- Queen?

"My Queen." One of the messengers says, bowing at the base of the throne, "Heimdall has requested your presence."

"Thank you." I say, dismissing him.

Ruling the Nine Realms hasn't been difficult. Sure, it's challenging, but not hard. Everything is peaceful, with the exception of a few rebellious outbreaks, which are dealt with and extinguished at once.

I stand, nodding to one of the servants in the room, signaling them to bring me my horse at the rainbow bridge.

I walk down the stairs and depart for the Bifrost.

Sleipnir is brought to me, the eight-legged horse of Odin snorting and stomping his feet in protest.

"Have you considered breeding such a fine stallion?" His handler asks.

"No, I haven't, but I will now that you've mentioned it."

The handler smiles, but Sleipnir throws his head back. The man swiftly pulls down on the lead, "Sorry, my Queen, he isn't quite used to being ridden anymore."

I lay my hand on the stallion's shoulder, "That's good. I like a challenge."

I take the reins and swing myself into the saddle.

Sleipnir is impatient, attempting to take off, only to be stopped by the bit pulling in his mouth. Through the negotiation of tug-of-war, we agree that a trot is nice. Fast enough to keep him occupied, and slow enough to keep me in control.

"I don't suppose you have a hitching post?" I ask from outside of the Bifrost.

Heimdall looks at the monster of a horse beneath me, "I do not. But I suppose that you can have something arranged."

I dismount, "I'm sure I can."

Sleipnir flicks his head back as I pull the reins over his head. I lead him into the Bifrost and he seems to relax.

"What is it you called me out here for?" I ask.

"Your Father sends a message. They've located Loki's scepter. They are to retrieve it tomorrow, he wanted to know if you could help."

I look at Heimdall with a questionable look, "Who are 'they' exactly?"

"The Avengers."

I nod, "I will let the council know." I turn the eight legged horse around slowly, "I'll return shortly."

As I swing up into the saddle, the horse dances uneasily. I secure my feet in the stirrups and let him take off. He kicks his back feet up in bliss as he runs and throws his head dramatically.

"Feeling free are we?" I ask as he kicks his legs up again.

He slowly runs out of steam and walks into the stables.

I dismount him and hand him back to the handler, "Put him in the pastures, he deserves to be let out of his stall."

The man nods and leads the horse away. I walk into the palace.

"Summon my council." I command one of the servants, "Tell them to meet me in the dining hall."

They nod and scurry away.

I head toward the dining hall, my guards following close behind me.

I take my seat at the head of the table. My guards place themselves by the door.

I dismiss my guards as the council surrounds the table, each of them taking their place.

"Thank you for meeting me so quickly." I say, "I wanted you to know that I'm going to be taking a short leave. I have received word on the Chitauri scepter that Loki used in attempt to rule midgard. I am going to retrieve it myself. I wanted to leave you all in charge. Work as a republic whilst I am away."