Chapter 11 All Out War

You know, freefalling isn't as bad as you would think, in fact- it's quite the experience. I highly recommend it.

Landing, however, is horrid.

The solid metal face of a chitauri chariot knocks the air out of me as I land face down upon it. I roll onto my back, gasping, trying to fill my lungs with air. A burst of energy hits me, sending a scorching pain through my body. I let out a frightened scream and instantly grab my side.

I quickly get to my feet and swing Delvameg in the direction on my attackers. I knock the weapon out of a chitauri soldier's hands. I step forward and knock it off the chariot. I move forward and take out the other two and quickly descend to the ground.

As I land I notice the group of Avengers on the ground, and I rush toward them.

"Did you shut it off?"

"Does it look like I shut it off?"

"So, you're telling me it can't be shut off?" Steve asks.

"I couldn't get to it." I say, "There's still hope."

A very rugged Bruce Banner rides up on a very sad little vehicle, "So this all seems horrible."

"We've seen worse." Natasha says.

"Sorry."

"We could use worse."

"Stark, we've got him." Steve says into his com system.

"Banner?" Tony replies, "Good, tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Tony rounds the corner of a building, a hideous creature following him. Honestly, it looks like an armor-plated, flying worm on steroids.

"I don't understand your definition of party." I say quietly.

Dr. Banner steps closer to the Leviathan of a beast.

"Doctor! Now would be a good time to get angry!" Steve yells.

"That's my secret, Cap." He says calmly, "I'm always angry." Bruce turns away as his skin turns green and his body grows at an unnatural pace.

The Hulk punches the monster in what could be considered the nose. The beast plants its face into the pavement and the rest of its body flips over, the spine crashing into the ground before us.

"That went, uh, well." I say.

"Alright, Cap. Call it." Tony says.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're going to contain it. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything, call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter, anything gets more than 3 blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Clint turns to Tony, "Wanna give me a lift?"

"Clench up, Legolas." Tony takes off and takes Clint with him.

"Thor, you have to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down; you've got the lightning, light the bastards up. Ivanna, I don't know what you can do with that Stone, but whatever it is, we could use it." He motions for me to go with my Father.

I nod and wrap my arms around my Father before we take to the sky.

We land at the top of the Empire state building.

Not the top that can be visited by anyone on any given day.

The Top.

I press myself against the steel and take a deep breath. He summons a storm and I quickly focus my power. As lightning arcs across the sky I release a surge of energy; amplifying the electricity and sending it farther. I watch the bolts attach themselves to a Leviathan and tear it apart.