Chapter 5 A Few Lost Souls

I watch from my window, Loki heads down the rainbow bridge alone, heading towards the Bifrost on foot. As he nears, I notice a small black figure flying above. Another joins it.

Hugin and Munin, the loyal ravens of Odin, following Loki from above. They circle a few times and fly away from the Bifrost, but towards the palace. They perch on my windowsill.

"Fate to be revealed." Munin whispers at me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Watch!" He screeches frantically.

Heimdall meets Loki outside of the Bifrost. They speak for a brief moment, but Heimdall raises his massive sword, and strides towards Loki. Loki reaches out with both hands, and takes hold of something invisible, hovering in mid-air before him.

The Casket of Ancient Winters. I notice is skin turn blue; the color creeps from his hands and up his arms, as Loki opens the Casket towards Heimdall, who is fast approaching. The fury of the Casket is unleashed, its winds not just howling, but screaming, as ice and snow fly straight towards Heimdall. Ice clings to his body, freezing him, but still he moves forward. Unfortunately the blade stops, frozen, just inches from Loki's throat.

Loki continues to into the Bifrost.

"Choose carefully Ivanna." Hugin says.

"Yes, choose carefully." Munin repeats.

I run out into the hallway, making sure that my armor is clear. A few guards look at me as I pass the in the halls, I motion for them to follow me, and they do.

"Loki was the one who brought Frostgiants into Asgard." I say, "He is no longer King. However, I am Queen, now you gather our soldiers and you make sure none get inside the palace, the last thing we want is Laufey reaching Odin. You focus on that, I shall deal with Loki."

"Yes, my Queen." They say in unison, leaving my side.

I storm out of the palace, and I borrow a long legged horse. I give him a quick kick and he takes off, flying down the rainbow bridge. Loki lumbers out of the Bifrost with a satisfied look plastered on his face. I pull the horse to a sudden stop; causing him to slide across the smooth surface for a moment.

"What have you done?!" I shout, dismounting and pointing at Heimdall.

"I know you are no fool." He says, "And sadly, we both know what happened to the beloved gate keeper of Asgard." He pauses for a moment, "I really wished you didn't see that, but you did, so here are your two options; Join me and conquer the Nine Realms, or you can join your Thor in death."

"Whatever you have done to kill my Father will not stand. He will surely live through it and return the same as he was. You, however, will not."

"I was really hoping that you would choose my side, Ivanna." Loki says, "But you chose death instead."

I draw Delvameg from its sheath. I stand quietly, but focused, waiting for Loki to move. He wields Gungnir. He quickly steps with his right foot, swinging from the same side.

I quickly raise Delvameg and the weapons clash between us. I move quickly, resetting Delvameg in my hand and quickly swiping at his knee. He dodges and counters; swinging Gungnir down and across my back.

I wince and jab his ribs. He stumbles to the side. I change my staff into a bow; the stone providing an arrow of blue light, "Stand down, Loki, and I will not kill you."

He looks behind me and smiles.

Something strikes me from behind; something so cold, it feels like it's boiling against my skin. Another blast of cold hits my leg, causing me to collapse. Delvameg hits the ground with an empty thud. My vision blurs. Tall, blue figures with red eyes stand over me.