Chapter two: The first time

Start from the beginning

I laughed and turned around to go outside. Maybe there would be some peace and love out there.

That was really cool of you a girl who I remembered from some class said as she followed me outside the cafeteria.

I raised a brow and she explained herself. What you did to her. You know in the morning and now. Shes really a bitch. I tried to sense if she was one of them that I hated but realized she was human and obviously a Goth by the way she dressed.

It was nothing. I said shrugging. I hate people like her.

Well I think you just made it to her list of top people to make miserable. She smiled. and anyone who hates her is a friend of mine.

And I did too. Im Abby by the way I said hoping to get a name or something.

Im Peyton but everybody calls me Toni.

Cool. In my old school all my friends were human and they had been great but that was different. Back then everyone in the area was human unlike here were some other species existed but I had feeling that Toni would make a great friend. Maybe you could show me around town? I asked.

She nodded. That will be cool and youll also meet my friends. Is that okay with you?

I nodded finishing my lunch. We spent few minutes talking before the bell rang and we headed for our different classes. She was the happiest Goth Ive ever seen I thought to myself as I headed to class which looked like I would be bored to death.

I didnt expect to see her again until tomorrow since we couldnt go sight seeing today but amazingly I met her at detention. When I was about to ask what she was in for, she just smiled and said. Dont ask. Teachers in this school are really bitter.

I totally agreed with her when I thought why I was here in the first place. Detention turned out to be pleasant enough as the teacher overseeing us got bored and left after sending us warning and glares that we shouldnt talk but then me being the rule breaker well I just couldnt resist to talk to Toni and we did until it was over.

On my way home drove to the supermarket where I got ice-cream and headed home to confront my dad. The house felt empty as I walked inside but I could feel my dad in his office. I went straight in without bothering to knock.

One look at me and he said. Im guessing you have loads of question to ask me.

Dad, why the heck are we in werewolf territory? I asked.

Dear sit down. I did. Deep down I know its difficult to accept any wolves into your life after all that happened to your mother

You think. I mumbled.

Our eyes locked. It was like I was staring at my own eyes in the mirrorthe same greenemerald green eyes that seemed to stare deep into your soul at times. Let me explain. I believe this is best for you dear with you being the rare half wolf. You could learn more about your mothers side here even if this was not her pack.

Dad, I was satisfied with the little I knew.

Maybe thats what you think but dear trust me. Okay, you need to learn more about them. He looked at me pleading for me to accept this.

I nodded and went over to him and hugged him. Love you dad. I spoke.

Love you too baby girl.

So, at the hospital, you are also treating the big bad wolves? my sarcasm was back.

He nodded. He loved being a doctor. Anyway tell me about your first day at school.

I chuckled as I shrugged and walked away changing the subject. He knew then I had gotten into trouble. He laughed. Abigail Grace Houston you got into trouble on your first day at school?