He just smiled at me and asked again, "Can you cook?"

"Yes, I can cook."

He comes closer to me and rubs his hands together. "Can't wait to see what my girlfriend can do in the kitchen."

I blush and quickly turn away before he can see it. "Yeah, yeah just don't go to hard on my brother." I tell him as he leaves the kitchen.

I finish cooking and may I say I did a wonderful job. I fix both of them a plate and we all sit down at the table. I was finally feeling relieved that this will all work out.

I was dead wrong. My brother just had to open his mouth.

"So? How long have you two been dating?"

I started to panic, we should have discussed our cover story instead of getting to know each other last night.

I froze, I couldn't say a thing. I was glad for once that Daniel was there. " We've been dating for over a month."

"Emmie! Why didn't you tell me!"

"I just didn't want to bring him around if I wasn't sure if I was going to continue to see him."

"Okay, I forgive you this time." Collin said and then asked another question. This went on and on for the whole dinner.

I decided to excuse myself, I just couldn't take another question.

I could hear them in the other room, so I decided to just listen in.

I heard Collin ask another question. "Daniel, do you love my sister?"

"Yes, I do."

"When are you going to marry her? She isn't getting any younger."

Thanks Collin, for making me feel old.

"Soon, she wanted to make sure that you are okay with us and that you like me."

"Well, I'm upset that she didn't tell me sooner, but, she looks happy for once and I want only the best for her."

I wanted to cry, my little brother cared about me. He was growing up. I don't think normal people date a month then get engaged, but this relationship isn't real. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing it for Collin.

I came back and acted as though nothing happened. I asked Collin to give us some privacy. He just winked and ran upstairs.

There we were, standing by the front door.

"Sorry I didn't get to take you out." He said to me as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Oh and I'm sorry to have you cook dinner on such short notice."

I just smiled. "It's okay, I'm just glad that you and Collin got along so well. Even if it was just an act on your part."

He took one of his hand and lifted my chin. "It was no act, I do like your brother. Makes me wish I had one instead of sisters or even a nephew instead of a bunch of nieces."

We both laugh at that statement. Then he tells me that he'll call me and set up the next meet up. Then he did the most unexpected thing. He kissed me on the cheek. "We have a peeping Tom." He then leaves and heads towards his car.

I guess he was right about no emotions attached and that kiss was nothing. I turn to see Collin trying to quickly make his way back up the stairs.

I say nothing and let him have this little triumph. I go and clean the kitchen and head to bed.

I'm laying in my bed and just replaying the events of tonight. "If anything I'm glad that Collin and Daniel do get along." I went to bed with a smile on my face.