Chapter One

I wasn’t long before the show was over and I was arriving at the airport. But here I am, waving goodbye to my guys down the terminal. I couldn’t help but feel the tears wanting to fall. I wanted to so badly drop my bags and run into Cody’s arms. I didn’t want to leave him, but the plane was in boarding, and I had to be on it. I promise him.

        “Go.” Cody yelled out, “You’re going to miss your plane.”

        I sighed, “I’m scared.”

        But he couldn’t hear me. I turned around and started to walk away. If I had learned anything from Cody and the guys this summer it was, never look back. I knew I’d regret it if I did, I knew I’d go running right into his arms. So I gripped my bag tighter and walked forward.

        When I got onto the plane the flight attendant directed me to my seat, where I sat down. She asked if I wanted anything, and I told her maybe later. I wasn’t exactly in the mood for anything. I sighed, and looked at my phone. I knew I’d have to put it on airplane mode, but just before I did, I got a text.

        “I forget to tell you something.” I read to myself.

        I smiled, as I typed, “What’s that?”

        “Ma’am?” the flight attendant said to get my attention “I’m going to need you to turn that off.”

        “Oh, of course.” I replied, and felt it buzz in my hand, “I love you.”

        I quickly text him back before turning airplane mode on, I wanted to listen to music during the ride, I was going to be on this plane for a few hours. I had a connection flight from California in Cleveland, I wasn’t happy about having to wait. But I was better than nothing.

        I started to think about the last few months with the guys and being on tour with them. Spending time with them was amazing and I was getting to experience firsthand what it was like to drive from show to show. Also goofing off along the way was pretty amazing. I hadn’t noticed the flight attendant try to get my attention, because I was so focused on my thought.

        “Miss?” she asked, once more. “Would you like anything, maybe a drink?”

        I smiled when I finally noticed her, “No, thank you.”

        “Of course.” She replied, and walks away.

        I put my headphone back over my ears and kept on listening to Set It Off. I wanted to hear Cody’s voice, as well as picture myself back to where I was before I got on this god forsaken plane. When I had finally focused hard enough, I had the memories flashing before my eyes, like they were just happening, all over again.

        “No Maxx, that’s far from true.” I stated, “I am in fact more awesomer than you.”

        He laughed, “No way. Cody, come on man, back me up here.”

        “I can’t go against my girlfriend; I don’t know what she’s like mad.” He pointed out.

        I laughed, “I’m not to mean, or at least I don’t think I am.”

        We had been driving for a numbers of hours before we finally decided it was time to stop and get something to eat. We stopped at a nearby Taco Bell, right off the interstate. When we got out, I sighed. “Taco Bell, again?”