home, not-so sweet, home

He sat in his room, a laptop propped on his lap, headphones plugged in to his ears. He was completely oblivious to the chaos going on downstairs, or the occasional thumping of footsteps outside of his door.

He was content with being locked up in his room, away from everyone else. However, his peace was short lived as the door to his room opened, awakening him from his peaceful state of mind.

"What are you doing?" He asked, annoyed, watching as his two younger siblings came barreling into his room, headed straight for his window. The girl, Emma, quickly began pushing aside her brother's curtain, her wide eyes focused on their front lawn.

The boy that came in with the girl, Caleb, let out a low whistle as he slicked back his deep brown hair; a habit he had whenever he saw someone just like Brie.

"Damn... what a beaut." Emma slapped his arm roughly, sending a mean glare his way.

"Oh, shut up, playboy."

The older boy, Spencer, soon removed his headphones, closing his laptop shut as he stood from his seat, completely adamant on the idea of his siblings leaving his room so he may be at peace once again. "Seriously, get out."

"Come on, Sergeant!" Emma huffed, using his nickname, knowing very well that his brother didn't like to be called by his true name - not since his father gave him that honorable nickname at the young age of seven years old. "Don't you want to see the new girl?"

"New girl?" Spencer - Sergeant - furrowed his brows, his attention now focused on his two younger siblings.

"Yeah; Mom and Dad invited their friend to come live with us for a while, and she has a really hot daughter." Caleb went on to receive a smack in the head from Emma, a permanent glare on her face as she tried to focus on her favorite brother - the one she never seemed to bicker with; but not before giving Caleb a piece of her mind.

"Caleb, I don't want you talking like that about my future best friend! The last thing I want you to do is to make her feel uncomfortable here!" She abruptly turned to Sergeant, her lips still set in that frown she always seemed to have when Caleb was near. "Serge, tell him - ow!"

Sergeant was no longer paying attention to her as he pushed his way to his window, scanning the lawn below. He could easily make out the faces of his pack members below, all chattering amongst themselves. He scanned the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of the duo that arrived at their home this very day.

Almost immediately he spotted his parents, along with a woman he's never seen before. Her blonde hair was tied up in a tight ponytail, her eyes focused on his parents as she smiled widely. He could see the deep set wrinkles by the corners of her eyes, aging her much older beyond her years. Her hands were set on her hips as her attention was suddenly diverted from his parents to someone else.

The other stranger in his home.