Chapter 51

I sat at the table in the kitchen as Harry came in from his trip out into the world which we very less than often get to do now days. Frankly, it was driving me nuts, not being able to have any fresh air and not being able to jog to get out frustrations.

“What is it?” Ron asked after Harry shouted he had some bad news. He plopped the Daily Prophet onto the table in front of me as they gathered around. I held up the paper for a better look. Big bold letters were captioned on a familiar picture.

SEVERUS SNAPE CONFIRMED AS HOGWARTS HEADMASTER

“No!” Hermione said with Ron while I remained quiet.

I couldn’t believe this! Why was this all happening so fast? Why isn’t this taking a slower role? Why is my father the freaking king now?

What is happening?

~

“Harry, can I talk to you?” I asked softly.  He had just gotten over his scar hurting again I thought it time to try something that may be a little drastic.

“Sure”

“I wanted to know…if you would like to have more lessons…on Occlumency?” I offered

“Of course, but none of us know it well enough”

“Well…my father had a friend who taught it to me…as a gift…he was really good…even taught me Legilimency” I tried to sound casual

“Really?”

“Yep”

“Who was your dad’s friend?”

I hesitated. I couldn’t tell him it was Snape.

“You wouldn’t know him”

“That’s great! Will you teach me?”

“As much as I know” I promised

“Brilliant!”

~

I watched in horror as the woman, Mrs. Cattermole in front of us cried out that she was innocent. I wanted to help her but I also didn’t want to blow my cover, of whom I still don’t know the name. We had gotten into the Ministry building and instead of searching for the Horcrux like we came to do. I was dragged off to a hearing about a Muggle-born interrogation.

I looked over to Hermione who looked quite shaken at the moment. I felt bad for her and the other Muggle-born people in the room. It must be terrible to know some people hate you just because of your blood status. It is the stupidest thing.

Why do we even need to pay attention to that?

I glanced quickly at the Dementor watching me closely. I glared at it and then turned back to the front, shivering.

Two loud ‘Stupefy’s sounded and Yaxley and Umbridge slid across the floor. I stood suddenly and looked towards Hermione as she said “Harry!”

I noticed that now that Umbridge and Yaxley were unconscious, the dementors were gliding towards Mrs. Cattermole. I acted responsively and, just as Harry did, said the loud incantation of the Patronus Charm.

“EXPECTO PATRONUM!” I yelled and a giant eagle emerged from my wand along with Harry’s stag. My eagle clawed at the dementors until they backed away far enough.

We helped the rest of the Muggle-born get away and out of the Atrium. With a close call because of Yaxely, we managed to apparate away, but just as I saw Grimmauld Place it vanished again with a flash of purple and a scream.